If u had a time machine..........

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by mrfreeze, Aug 11, 2005.

1. mrfreeze

mrfreeze The coolest one!!!

hey ppl...this is just and ideal thought

if u were given a time machine and given the chance to go BACK in time ONLY ONCE.......which year and place wud it be......remember u can only go back in time once and cant go in the future

for me personally......i wud prefer egypt....300 B.C.
    oh an i wud want to be the Pharaoh

2. 7miles

7miles ____7miles to success____

lolz .......... man have u got insane ......... goin bak to 300 BC aint any kool ........ no hot gals < i mean wearing jeans miniskirtz n stuffs lik tht>,,,,, no AC ,,,,,,,, no kool cars n bikes ,,,,, NO INTERNET !!!!!!! can u think of tht !!

3. 7miles

if i've given a time machine i'ld lik to visit da future ,,,,,,,,, and exp. the koolest life , of all

4. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

i would go 5 yrs back and earn good money in predicting the future!:p:

5. 7miles

well said devil

6. golisoda

golisoda Comfortably Numb

So much want to live in the hippie generation... in the 70's. I want to relive the woodstock.....

7. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

There are 2 places in the 20th century I'd go to.

a) I'd go on board the Titanic as an upper class British citizen. Sometime in April 1914 I imagine.

b) I'd go back to 1962 to this cafe...I forget it's name (Garota de Ipanema I think), I would sit in the shop and sip on my drink and watch the Girl from Ipanema walk by me.

8. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

you and ur time machine wud have sunk in the cold occean i guess!!

9. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

I suppose so. I don't think I'd regret that much considering that I'd be dead soon after.

10. rechts_234

rechts_234 New Member

that means you'd need a 'human changing into another' machine too

11. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

knowing it u wud like to take that step?!sounds very filmy!

12. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

id go back in time, read the last time this topic was at igt, read my reply, copy it and then paste it here.

...or i wud simply search for it.

13. vini

vini Repeat Offender

oh k.. that reminds me of a movie called Back to Future.. very nice movie! :) well.. given a time machine i would not prefer to go to past.. (let bygones be bygones) i'd rather try to sneak in2 future..precisely my own future and those of my n&d ones..wouldnt it be so insightful and informative.. if i can have more tokens to use it..lolz. i wont mind slipping into my childhood days for a while..hmmmm :) but but but...a wishful thinking..v can never do this sadly coz a TM hasnt been made yet...cant be even..sad! :)

tahda!!

14. LEFTY_GUITARIST

LEFTY_GUITARIST -= M®. §öU†|-|ÞäW =-

oh i dont wanna go sooooo much far................last night will do, ofcourse in pamela anderson's bedroom:p::p:

15. Ankur_Scorpio

Ankur_Scorpio New Member

I would like to go back to....the time when humans didnt exist and beat up the monkey tht evolved into human!!!! :p:

16. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

I guess it does...but it's just a question of courage. What I really want to find out is what I would do in the situation. You hear stories about these people...the band playing on as the ship was sinking, the words and actions of so many others and you know these people have gained immortality through their actions.

So what would I do? Imagine knowing what is going to happen and not being able to prevent it. Would I have the courage to gain eternal rememberance in exhange of my life or would I choose to try and save myself and risk dying in any case ("If you remember, it was "women and children first") ? Of course, the unselfish deed that I did would not be unselfish since I would already know that I was doing it in exchange of eventual fame but the others wouldn't know that would they?

The other moment I would go to just for the beauty and emotions tied to it. Have any of you heard the song "The Girl from Ipanema". It was written by 2 struggling musicians looking for ideas and they used to sit in this cafe every morning and watch this beautiful girl pass by and that would inspire them to write their music. They called the song that in honour of her. The song went on to perhaps one of the biggest Bossa Nova hits ever and it gave the girl immortality more than it did to the singers.

17. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

that was one heck of a gr8 reply ...

infact aaron mebbe u dont even realise the gravity of what u said ...

suppose that happened ... whatever problems we are facing shall no longer exist ... (true there will be other probs) ...

but i guess my award goes to this guy and his reply ... really man go ahead by all means ...

18. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

@bjr --- why take my comments to yer heart?!i was jus jokin'!

i cance my first wish here the my next::
    i wud take all my guitar and gears and go back to the days of beethoven and mozart and give out a blow of distortion and cool riffs and rock!

19. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

like I said in my post, I wouldn't ever take an internet forum seriously enough to take something to heart....that also when what you said was not at all offensive because it does sound filmy. I just wanted to clarify that I wasn't intending to be a Jack Dawson.

what sort of clown would delete my post...

20. vishwa_81us

vishwa_81us Banned

time machine..... !!!!!!!!

I will go to that Island as Adam... and will be there with Eve.... and then live happily ever after... hahahahaha

vishwa :cool: