If u had 5000-6000 rs which ACOUSTIC guitar would u buy?

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by atul_singh2001, May 28, 2005.

1. thanks rammy...
    so its final now...
    GB&A....CUTAWAY.....WITH PICKUP....(im assuming i'll get hard case cover+string set+picks with guitar...in that cost)....aint it rammy???

2. rammy

rammy Guitar=Dope ; Me=Addict

nope nothing, well maybe set of karuna strings which sucks and three black picks(some delrin) which sucks even more. and if u bargain right then atmost a gig bag (padded around Rs.300) u dont get nething with imported stuff everything costs xtra
    Man, a good imported hard case costs additional 3k . mine washburn hard case costs me Rs. 3500 and my guitar 14k so i had to spend 17.5k also add Rs. 350 d'addrio strings as the one tha came with the guitar were heavy gauge which i don't like to play on and Rs. 90 for jim dunlop picks(rs.30 each);my total gear came for around 22k and i am also going for a guitar floor stand and a foot stool(for my nylon guitar)(total 1.5k), but as its a one time investment i'm on it.

also for that black gb&a its an ovation copy with a deep bowl but it sounds pretty good, i think you'll have to order it as its not available easily, but still try it, i think they have increased its price as its hard to find do check out the latest prices otherwise get a decent gb&a acc. and get a pickup installed. if you are not serious for electrics(like pre-amp active/passive) then get a clip on pick up for 500-600 you can attach it to your guitar and then plug it in, i think they'll satisfy you if you just want electrics for home listening only,

about the case if you don't want to spend much then get local make for 500-600 which is made up of cardboard and comes out in 6-8 months(my personal experience :) but they'll solve your purpose for a time being,

-----------------------------------------------------Rock on------------------------------------------------------

4. somendra_guitar

somendra_guitar New Member

signature is gud

GB&A is better!!

5. blackmamba

blackmamba Rocker Monk

Be my guest and buy it at Rs. 7,835 :) Cheers! I didn't know the price had fallen to $180...I had picked it up for $350 ..

6. hey blackmamba,
    to be precise its 169$ now.....no one will buy that guitar for that price in uk(10k for second hand ovation)....and only if u cud be little reasonable with rate then only ppl here in india can think about it...otherwise when we know that brand new ovation is available at 7800 rs the y wud anyone buy second hand ovation at 10K.

7. blackmamba

blackmamba Rocker Monk

what's a reasonable price (with and without case)?

8. rammy

corrections guys
    as you can see i clearly mention ovation ae28 is available here(means India)for around 13k = Rs. 13000 so still i was talking about its price in international market.(not 350 but 180 no offence blackmamba just pure information my friend)
    now in india for 13k add 2-3k for hard case and it costs around 16k. now blackmamba gives it for you 10k . good deeal but i think ino one would consider it without playing it first. also considering its price in international market, i would love to buy it new from abroad as i am fully satisfied with my brand new washburn , hey tul, ovations are in delhi with bharat in lajpat nagar, gb&a are no where near it but i prefer wood backs(ovation's have shallow or deep round fibre backs) tell u what play ur hobner for another 6 months and then go for a washburn(14-15k) simply great awesome sound and gr8 passive pickup comes even with xlr output great for studio recordings and stage alike.or else go for gb&a acoustic and get a pickup attached saperately. best deal from my side, i am going for same for a friend better u go to a guitar shop and try stuff yourself....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -----------------------------------------------Rock on------------------------------------------------
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

9. hey rammy
    can u tell me some good pickup names for acoustic guitar???

10. rammy

sorry but u can call bharat musicals and find it out, nos. is 011-29810212 , 011-29819390
    i just know bout a korg clip on pickup for around 500-600 others installable pickup would be around 1000-1500 if u just want sound from your system, get a clip on pickup, if u want to record or stage, then invest in installable pickup, if u save money, then go buy some good picks :)
    suggestion, go for a clip on pickup right now, whenever u want to upgrade, transfer ur clip on to ur old hobner cheers..........

11. aysh

aysh -|h3 ori9in4| (ui!aris-|-

u know what.. i got a givson jumbo for rs 1800 only coz i didnt know nething abt them when i got it . got it when i was in lucknow :p . not a very fancy guitar at all. but uve to believe me that in my college it probably is the best sounding of all acoustics.
    so a few pieces here and there do turn out good. and yes ive seen one signature jumbo guitar too (friend's) and i can say my guitar is better than that.

^^atul where in lucknow do u live ?

12. Radius_Vector

Radius_Vector New Member

Yup, I bought a Givson G-125 for 1.9k around 1 yr back and it still sounds so good, I also have a Takamine G-115 but Im still proud of my Givson and will feel miserable if I lose it.

13. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

(slightly off topci) hm.. on the subject of acoustics... anyone used a lakewood acoustic before?

one friend of mine bought onefor some 40k... ive only played it once and long back - now hes moved to the usa - it mustve been good im guessing...

14. rammy
    i called at bharat music house and asked him about gb&a guitar...and the way he was telling about that guitar .." haan theek hee hai....chinese company ka hai"....i sounds like just another cheap guitar...n i thought gb&a is korean company..is this true??? i was expecting some good words about GB&A guitars...lol.
    and when i asked him about granada...his reply was..." wo mat lijiye usmey bahoot problem aa rahi hai......especially neck ki"....i was thinking that granada is even better than gb&a.
    he said y dont u take MONTANA...wel i never heard this name ...wat do u think about this brand???
    im even more confused now...lol

15. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

granadas are really good...

no dout aabout that...

16. rammy

you have to trust me first
    hey atul they said that because currently they are out of stock of gb&a's coz its popular man, i have personally in line for one.you'll order one and they'll get that in few days or so maybe i'll get mine tommorow...they don't generally stock grandas(grandas are very good) u have to go to bhatia in khanna market lodhi road for one. they said that as a marketting gimmick only. right now they have various montana's with them so they are trying to tell customers they are better, even tried to persuade it with me, but again i say gb&a is what i think will suit you.... rest upon you...............

17. rammy

never heard of lakewood before

18. hey i live in gomti nagar,lucknow

so im gonna buy ..gb&a and if i could collect little more bucks then might think about granada....
    ofcourse i trust u rammy....

19. rammy

hey atul man
    i saw a yamaha the other day in the RSJ may issue, on page 23, its yamaha F310 TBS for 6575 with a gig bag, d'addario strings, 3 dunlop picks and free delivery anywhere in INDIA, it hasn't got the cut or a pickup, u can get a pickup installed, and i don't think u would really use much of the cut a way either, even i don't on acoustics
    (if i had to buy one in this range i would have gone for it as YAMAHA ROCKS)
    think bout it and tell me wat u decide.

Rammy

-----------------------------------------------Rock on------------------------------------------------

20. somendra_guitar

somendra_guitar New Member

anything but i have my bad expirience with my brand new givson guitar

so i was saying!!!