Ibanez GRX20 or Kramer focus VT112???

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by dhirajsapkal, Mar 3, 2008.

1. dhirajsapkal

dhirajsapkal New Member

hey ppl....

i'm plannin on buying an electric guitar.....(if anyone selling i might even consider a secondhand).... in the mean time i'm trying to choose between two guitars.....
    i have a budget of 10k max... so i've shortlisted 2 guitars....

1)Ibanez GRX20

2)Kramer focus VT211S

both retail for around 8k.... need help guys.... i'm gonna buy a marshall amp with the balance cash..... i tried out both the guitars and found both to be satisfying.... so i wanna know if there's anyone out there who knows about or possibly owns there guitars......

i play all kinda songs.... and i'm a big fan of slash and jimmy page.... sometimes i also like to play songs ay slipknot.... so which one of there is best suited to my needs?? if you have any other guitar in mind lemme know....

if anyone is sellin their guitar.... plz lemme know before the 19th.... after which i'm gonna have to buy one of these

you can mail me if you want
    dhirajsapkal@hotmail.com

2. radicalz_adi

radicalz_adi New Member

dont go fr the ibanez...this grx20 sucks.....the kramer is a good buy

3. AtoZ

AtoZ New Member

I think Ibanez is better if u play hard rock. Just keep in mind to get it reviewed by any expert while buying those chinese one. Indonesian r good.

4. radicalz_adi

radicalz_adi New Member

who said kramer is not good fr hard rock...van halen used to endorse it...leavin this grx20 has sloppy hardware..will fall off

5. dhirajsapkal

dhirajsapkal New Member

oh yheah i also saw a fender california series or something.... its for around the same price..... anyone know about that guitar??

6. -Nemesis-

-Nemesis- New Member

I just tried it out today..Sounds VERY nice on the clean channel...but distortion makes it pick some noise.....Nice for a bit soft and mid rock...and lead :)

7. dhirajsapkal

dhirajsapkal New Member

have you guys heard of a company called gb&a??..... they've got a les-paul type model retaining for 7k.... looks like the avion av6.... dono bout the sound thou..... sounds a tad bit too promising huh??? :p

8. -Nemesis-

-Nemesis- New Member

I'm not too sure..GB&A makes cool acoustics..but IDK about their elecs.
    Kramer is the better buy . :)
    or go for the California Squier...if it has H-S-S pickups..dont go for the SSS Squiers...I hate them...but it's your descision.

SSS models pick up too much external noise..buzzes..etc...