I want to buy a pedal.plzz help me !

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by maaani, Apr 2, 2007.

1. maaani

maaani New Member

hi to all.. i want to buy a multi effect pedal..... and i do'nt know the difference between pedal and processor:nw: ... can some1 tell me ... wht is the difference b/w them.. and plzz which is better ... processor Or pedal? and also tell me model no .... i have 6000 rs yet.... so tell me in this range..

plzz help me ..:nw: :nw: :nw:

2. petermasc

petermasc New Member

pedals are single units or stompboxes......they usually provide either distortion/overdrive/effects.processors can model amps,cabs etc etc...processors are hence more versatile but the tonal quality of an analog pedal is better than a digital processor.....for your budget and since you are a newbie go for a processor ........zoom g2.1ut

3. Asmodeus

Asmodeus New Member

What do you need it for? What kind of music are you looking to play? Answer how many effects as such do you really need?

Otherwise, just go in for a Boss DS-1 (distortion) or Behringer OD100 or some other distortion/overdrive pedal.

4. yazi

yazi Banned

From next time onwards, Please do a bit of research on the net first. People are not here to teach. We can only give you opinions and advice.

5. maaani

maaani New Member

i want distortion and overdrive... and plzz tell me i should buy a pedal wid single effect or multi effect? and i would like to thankyou .. :rule: for response.....

6. maaani

maaani New Member

YAZI if u do'nt want to help me .. than plzzz dont post any comment ...:mad: :mad:

7. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

Lay off yazi lol! what he said is right though. Im pretty surprised you found these forums...

Joking! lol. Next time just do at least 10% research and we can help you out/

8. maaani

maaani New Member

well if i will buy .. DS-1 distortion pedal .. ... my question is " in DS-1 distortion pedal there is only one effect?"

9. maaani

maaani New Member

plzzz help me......

10. yazi

yazi Banned

Well, now that is a proper question. Its not as if I don't want to help. I don't want to mouth feed.
    Yes, the DS-1 has only one effect. It is called distortion.

Read: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Distortion_(guitar)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Distortion_pedal
    Boss DS-1: https://www.bossus.com/index.asp?pg=1&tmp=2

Check the Audio Demo

Buy from: https://www.bajaao.com/boss-ds1-distortion-guitar-effects-pedal-p-150.html?manufacturers_id=18

I guess I was helpful.

Just try to state your purpose and little bit of research you did and look at the help we give you.
    :beer:

11. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

12. yazi

yazi Banned

Finally, I get to see MajGen. Pwnage online!

13. maaani

maaani New Member

one more question and that is while playing with DS1 distortion Pedal ... IF I WANT TO PLAY CLEAN GUITAR ON DS-1 ... SO THERE IS A OPTION TO CHANGE INTO CLEAN GUITAR.?

14. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

Yes, you gotta press the rubber thingy down. It bypasses the distortion(corr?).

@yazi: think its the first time you have posted more than just a sentence lmao

15. yazi

yazi Banned

Well, I'm helpful!

@ maaani: Its as laney said, if you press that black colored rubber thing with BOSS written over it , the distortion is bypassed. You get to play clean.

16. raj.hendrix

raj.hendrix New Member

im selling a boss ds2 turbo distortion and a morley pdw II wah/volume/overdrive pedal in your budget. check out the thread below this one

17. maaani

maaani New Member

thanks guys .... i would like to thankyou all for help...

thanks guys ..... really thanks .... u all really helped me ..

specially:

yazi :rule: :rule: (u really helped me )

laneymaney:rule: :rule: (thanks )

Asmodeus:rock:

petermasc :rock:

1 last question and that is "while playing on DS-1 distortion ..if i will change in to clean guitar ... DS-1 improve sound quality of clean guitar or not ?

18. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

No it won't.

19. maaani

maaani New Member

so i should use another padel for good quality of clean guitar?

20. yazi

yazi Banned

Clean guitar sound is all based on your guitar and amp quality. Thats where the costlier stuff comes in.