i need ur help!!urgent 20 000 points +reps to win

Discussion in 'Computer Forum' started by .:SpY_GaMe:., Jan 21, 2006.

1. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

googol was actually supposed to be google's name initially :grin:

2. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Oops Gogol.
    (U a bong right?)

Googol means 10 raised to power of 10000... (hundred zeroes).

Googolplex means 10 rasied to power of googol. :shock:
    Can you imagine?

3. gogol

gogol New Member

are bhai sab log mera naam ka bhajia kyon bana rahe hain???

4. .:SpY_GaMe:.

.:SpY_GaMe:. New Member

@ alpha got it downloading it n will try n comment in a while.......thanks a lot buddy

5. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Anytime d00d, anytime.

6. Double Click

Double Click New Member

Dayum.... I totally forgot abt those progs...

Nice find alpha1 :beer:

7. .:SpY_GaMe:.

i think i finally managed to make what i wanted though some errors in the process but the prog is trying to fix them

@ alpha will give u the 20k when the bank thing is reactivated ;)

8. Double Click

Double Click New Member

You can use it to publish the website you create locally ie. on your PC.... however the only problem with this method is that you will have to make all the links manually.

If the pages are already linked the way you want, alpha's suggestion is better.

If the pages are linked, but you want to add some of your own, then you can use a combination of both alpha's method and mine....Use alpha's prog to download and store the site and then use Nvu to edit/create links.

Openoffice is a free office suite, you dont need it. You are better off using Nvu (also open source). It is better suited to your needs.

@gogol - Nice to see another open source junkie here :rock:

9. .:SpY_GaMe:.

i have got a small prob

there were loads of pics in the site the pics were saved using the prog alpha suggested

but in the site ie when am connected i was supposed to get that pic in a larger size by clicking on the smaller pic .....

after i converted it using what alpha's prog the pics n all were saved
    but when i click on the small pics to get them in larger format the page appears but the larger picture nope......any suggestion @ alpha....

10. .:SpY_GaMe:.

worst now i am getting an error prob when i am trying to access that site......ie when i am online.....
    n its simply a yahoo related site!!!

11. Double Click

Double Click New Member

You could try downloadin the pic manually and then linkin it through Nvu

12. .:SpY_GaMe:.

thats the prob now

i cant even access that site it says
    Sorry, Unable to process request at this time -- error 999. Yahoo! Unfortunately we are unable to process your request at this time. This error is usually temporary. Please try again later. If you continue to experience this error, it may be caused by one of the following: * You may want to scan your system for spyware and viruses, as they may interfere with your ability to connect to Yahoo!. For detailed information on spyware and virus protection, please visit the Yahoo! Security Center. * This problem may be due to unusual network activity coming from your Internet Service Provider. We recommend that you report this problem to them. While this error is usually temporary, if it continues and the above solutions don't resolve your problem, please let us know. Return to Yahoo! Please check the URL for proper spelling and capitalization. If you're having trouble locating a destination on Yahoo!, try visiting the Yahoo! home page or look through a list of Yahoo!'s online services. Also, you may find what you're looking for if you try searching below.

13. gogol

gogol New Member

Confused...hmmm?

Things you need to know:

• WinHTTrack downloads your pages and parses the links in them
    • If it can't download any page, it keeps the link intact
    • In case of Yahoo or most other sites these days,(especially if you need to login to view pages) the web-server creates a special Session ID for you which is time-stamped. This session id looses any significance when the session itself expires after a predefined time.
    • When your web browser sends future requests to this site(web-server) it sends the ID to show its identity. This is how IGT also remembers you.

Situation you are facing

All your pages are not saved totally. So WinHTTrack kept some links intact...just like the link of the Yahoo page that showed you the error message. What happened... your browser is trying to send the old Session ID, which is now of no use...so you get that kind of message...

What you can do...?

In the settings of your project...increase the depth of your search...this might solv the Y! related prob.

And for the image issue:cool: , again in the settings of your project, choose all the kinds of files that you want it to download...and the size of files to be downloaded... Generally they are set in such a way that all the bulky stuffs stay online and you need to be online to view them... So was the case for you... the thumbnails were only downloaded but he actual images were not. So Do these and You might be at ease!!!

And, C, I don't actually know if this is your prob!! Just guessing; so don't scream at me if they don't work!!!

Bye,
    Ankur(gogol):rock: :cool:

14. .:SpY_GaMe:.

ahhhhh ^^^ am really sorry

well now its working

formatted my pc last night

thanks a lot everyone. :)

will save the large pics later on thanks ...................................

15. .:SpY_GaMe:.

.:SpY_GaMe:. 02-23-2006 05:45 PM 0% 20000.00 20400.00 alpha1 thnks for the help in the comp forum thread

20k points donated to alpha1 for his help in this thread

thnks everyone who helped

giving u all reps

if i forgot to give anyone just pm me

lol

16. koolstrum

koolstrum The Chosen One

yeah may be i shud pm u. 10 % commission mera hona chahiye tha.

.:SpY_GaMe:. likes this.
  17. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

THE BST POSSIBLE way is to make your file a PDF file using Acrobat reader. Go to www.adobe.com for a demo of acrobat professional( not the reader). After that ....( You knw wot to do :) ). After that install it and you are ready to make a professional E-book. Trust me, bcoz i'm a multimedia student and knw how to do it;)
    You may use the help option in the sftwr if you are findin any prob. or can PM me with the question. I will giv you all the answer that is needed.
    BEST OF LUCK :)

.:SpY_GaMe:. likes this.
  18. .:SpY_GaMe:.

ahhhhh

bad luck dude i already did what alpha suggested

copied that on a cd for a friend

duhhhh a bit late but surely will rep u n give u sum points (next time i need to do sth such i will surely try ur suggestion ;) )