I need some inspiration

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by ambush, Jun 28, 2006.

1. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

Please suggest songs with good guitar techniques.
    I want to get into tapping, pinch harmonics, little bit of sweep picking etc......not anything extremly hardcore somethng for me to get started on.

2. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Tapping - Always withg you (always with me) - Joe Satch
    Pinch Harmonics - Any Zakk Wylde Song
    Sweep Picking - Any Yngwie Malmsteen song

Frankly, Zakk Wylde and Malmsteen wont be easy but then they illustrate those techniques the best

3. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

waiting for more suggestions

4. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

Listen to Pantera, there's lots of Pinch Harmonics there . As for tapping Van Halen , Download a Paul Gilbert Vid For Sweep Picking

5. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

Thank man
    Paul gilbert is really rocking
    I just downloaded a few vids from youtube

6. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

Can you suggest some more videos i could download

7. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

Download his untire Terrifying Guitar Trip ( Instructional Video) . You wont find it in You Tube , its around 700 mb .
    I dont think you'll get a Video on Pinch Harmonics .

Try some Instructional Books too by Troy Stetina

.:SpY_GaMe:. likes this.
  8. satch_attack

satch_attack New Member

different guitarists tap differently ..but i find steve vai's like many other guitarists method of using the ring finger to tap the best ..i would suiggest you get down the tapping lick of the ending part of eruption ..it can be a bit challengin at first but ..keep workin on it ..u will get it down in no time

pinch harmonics like alpha said any zakk wylde live video..i can bet dere cant be a single video of zakk not hittin a pinch harmonic of two..its like his weapon ..

and sweepin pickin ..both malmsteen and paul are gods in this area ..but paul gilbert's technique looks neater ....i recommend you start off with triplets and then move on to 4 ,5 and 6 string sweeping ...a really gud part for practicin sweepin

E---------12--12
    B-------13-------13 A minor triad ..do this by sweepin down first and then up..enjoy
    G----14------------14