I have Doubts regarding Harmonica........

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by tweetu_tweetu, Jul 22, 2010.

1. tweetu_tweetu

tweetu_tweetu New Member

As i am not from musical Background i didn't knew anything about it, can someone tell me the basic of music theory or its Refrences, Can someone tell me what is Scale, Key, Quarter, Half, Eight, Sixteenth Notes & how much to blow for it.....

2. falcon74

falcon74 New Member

Posting Harmonica questions on a guitar forum may not get your too many responses, although I know atleast 3 different people who are play both, and one of them can play them together effortlessly !! :)

If you don't have formal music education, and are not planning to take that route with some rigour, stick to the informal lingo/notation for music. If you know how to use Google, you' find ample info on the net on what is Scale, Key, note lengths / measures etc.

If you already have a Harmonica (and depends on which type, there are atleast 3 mainstream styles), you need to figure out that it is keyed on which note (most commonly found key'ing is C, and this holds for most instruments).

Also note, there are plenty of video tutes on Youtube that teach you how to play the harmonica... and as a newbie, I too learnt some great wind-blowing tricks thanks to those tutes.