i cannot decide between these 2 electric guitars, please HELP!!

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by arunthegr8, Sep 24, 2007.

1. arunthegr8

arunthegr8 New Member

Hi guys...

I am once again in a problem..

I have narrowed down 2 electric guitars and both have nearly the same price. i have mentioned their + points as far as i know:

1. Ibanez GRX-20
    + Light-weight
    + Dual humbucking pickups
    + Standard tremolo

2. Washburn X10
    + 5-way switch
    + 24 fret Rosewood Fingerboard
    + Designed for serious players
    + one humbucker and two single coil pickups with one volume and one tone knob

check them out at www.bajaao.com (does this site belong to bhargavas in mumbai? if yes will i get the guitars at the same prices as mentioned in this site if i buy it from bhargavas (by coming to mumbai)?)

so which one do you think i should go for??

CHECK OUT THEIR REVIEWS AT:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/reviews/electric_guitars/ibanez/grx20/index.html

AND

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/reviews/electric_guitars/washburn/x10/index.html

also i was going to buy the effect processor zoom G2.1U before. Actually an uncle of mine from US was about to bring it, but cant because the shipping is taking is a lot of time. so i have decided to buy Zoom G2 instead because it is cheap in India. also i didnt find much difference between the 2 effect processors. i mean is the pedal and usb connection that important? also can i pitch-bend sing the handle in the guitar?

i also have another question. can i practice my electric guitar by connecting it to my computer instead of using an amplifier?

please answer all the questions... i need the answers badly. thanks for the time.

2. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

go for none.. buy a squire instead... and yeah u can connect ur guitar to a pc..

3. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

Well you would have done well to search, but since I'm have a couple of minutes:

a) Play the guitars and see which one suits you. Both guitars are pretty different, and every guitar is made differently, so you may or may not find either of them comfortable to play.
    b) What's with the "designed for serious players" crap?
    c) I'd say if it absolutely had to be between these 2 guitars then the Washburn would be better.
    d) The G2.1u has an expression pedal, sampler, drum machine. The expression pedal will be useful as a wah, volume pedal (maybe not, actually) and sometimes as a whammy. You can pitch bend using the "handle" in the guitar (remember that one post alpha1? about the various uses of this handle?) but if the tremolo is what I think it is then you wouldn't really be doing any dive bombs with it.
    e) You can but you won't hear much unless you use some form of pre-amplifier (like your pedal) between the guitar and computer.

4. mymusicmyguitar

mymusicmyguitar Active Member

Fender Squier is much better than those 2 mentioned above.........

5. varun1712

varun1712 New Member

iave played my friends X-11 many times and its good for blues and soft mellow stuff......i dunno about the X-10, washburn is a good company and its starting range is much better than Ibanez's.............

6. aurobindo

aurobindo New Member

Depends on what level you are!!

I got my java a year back after my Givson Spanish one was broken during trasferring my home

It is as good as an amateur like me can get

Views Please!!

7. varun1712

varun1712 New Member

yea Java is okay if you have a tight price constraint, or else fender or washburn are also good starter companies, even yamaha.

8. Life_Sans_Death

Life_Sans_Death Acronym!

I would always lobby for the Squier California Strat in that price range.

9. Shreddy

Shreddy LaneyManeyResurrection

Java necks warp easily....

10. arunthegr8

arunthegr8 New Member

thanks guys..

thanks guys... more relys r welcomr...

can u mention shops in vizag also....

also gemme the model names of fender which cost around 9000 - 10000 rs.

11. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

12. Shreddy

^ Your so very kind....

13. varun1712

varun1712 New Member

i never understood 1 thing, WTF is so great in a Telecaster ????????!!!!!

14. zing

zing Machine Head

^ nothing its bleeding ugly..
    LP rulez !

15. aurobindo

aurobindo New Member

Check out bajao.com for the models and range

16. Life_Sans_Death

Life_Sans_Death Acronym!

A telecaster is beauty. Only if you play blues and country. OR RATM

17. Shreddy