I broke too many strings..

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by walk_alone, May 2, 2006.

1. walk_alone

walk_alone **~~| An Atheist |~~**

Hey Guys,

I have Montana 104N Acquostic Guitar.
    I purchased it in January.
    I have been facing this particular problem....i have already broken 2 strings while tuning my guitar.

Actually I took out all the strings to clean the fretboard and then re-screwed it.I broke G string and then yesterday A string.
    Is there any problem with the way iam tuning it.

Do lemme know.
    Anyway iam replacing them with karuna(the only spare i have right now).

2. well if u have purchased your guitar in jan than i think u r strings are getting older..and it is good practice to replace all the string in one time rather than replacing the broken one...i do just like that...and ya dont use karuna strings they are very low quality strings..replace ur strings with galli...

3. walk_alone

i know Karuna sucks....but they are spare i got free wen i purchased guitar....so just tried them on to play.i wd get new string this week.
    ^^^^is that the reason enuff for strings to break??

4. hmm...well i m not sure whether u r tunning your guitar in a right way or not..but karuna strings...they broke just because of their low quality...so search on net "How to replace string on accoustic guitar".. u will find it... then just replace your strings the way they have done..that's it...

5. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

I have been using karuna strings for a long time(not out of choice)
    And its not as bad as to break as soon as you put it on

maybe you are tuning it too high
    Use a tuner

6. walk_alone

I do use a tuner(online ones)....
    iam not tuning wrong but smmthng with old strings...i think only they are breaking.
    will check that

7. akshay_ankur

akshay_ankur New Member

whats the freq

i faced the exact situation when i started playing guitar. At what freq are u screwing:)think: ) .....the ideal freq is between 430 - 440 hz...
    rem the more higher the freq the much tight u have to screw and higher u have to sing..so stuck to this limit ...
    cheers
    Akki

8. mr singh

mr singh New Member

it also mite depend on the conditions which u store your guitar...
    if you store it in dry, hot or humid conditions, it mite be worth considerin untuning the strings slightly :), after a jammin session