How was?

Discussion in 'Computer Forum' started by rockin'away, Mar 16, 2005.

1. rockin'away

rockin'away Banned

hey computer men how was habbohotel.com made? was it using javascript?..... wat ever it was made using is there any place i can get a free download of the program to make such a place...thanks

2. rabi_sultan

rabi_sultan <Bulla Ki Jana>

its built using DIV tags.

has Javascript.

Images are done in Illustrator or software that is similar

the back end is harder to tell to be honest. It could be PHP or ASP. But whatever the case you can pretty much do the same with either. If i were you I would use the PHP/mySQL since its free.

Some parts of the site incorporate Shockwave as well

3. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

ummm the div tags have nothing to do with the look of the site. div is simply a container tag used to divide a page into sections that are easier to modify. The core layout of the page is done using CSS.

If you look in the header, you will see a reference to an external stylesheet called 'habbo_style_default.css' which is defining the layout for the page.

You are correct about the JavaScript though. And the backend is difficult to be 100% sure but it would be safe to assume PHP/mySQL since that is what most websites use these days.

@rockin'away You may want to take a look at that CSS page.

4. rabi_sultan

yeah i meant that they used the div tags for layout rather than the table tag. But obviously its done CSS. You'll find most sites are done using CSS but either with div (becoming more common) or tables (older sites)

5. rockin'away

rockin'away Banned

i mean the actually chat room wen u login and wat program would i need?

6. rabi_sultan

exact link?

7. rockin'away

rockin'away Banned