How to start off with CHORDS

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by oldmanschild, Nov 24, 2006.

1. oldmanschild

oldmanschild New Member

Hello All,

As a beginner, can anyone of you tell me which chords I need to learn and what would be the next step.... please... I am trying to find a teacher but unfortunately, my old teacher is not where he used to stay and I can't find anyone.

Can someone of you explain, if possible in detail, as to what chords I need to learn, what scales and how to proceed? I do not need theory and I don't want to take your time, but please help me with outlining the learning process.

Thanks to one and all.

2. vini

vini Repeat Offender

imo
    learn all major&minor chords! when u would've spent sufficient time with it then you can proceed to learning the scales of all major and minor keys

3. oldmanschild

oldmanschild New Member

@vini

Thank you Vini. I appreicate your response. So do you say that learning chords is the very first thing?

4. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

There are two approaches to guitar:
    Scales based and Chords based.

Both eventually are same. However, how you start off is different.

Since you insist on learning chords first, my advice would be to learn chords belonging to a scale altogether.

Like the chords: Cmaj, Dmin, Emin, Fmaj, Gmaj, Amin, Bdim belong to C major scale
    Learn all these seven chords.

You will see that many songs invovle the usage of these chords.
    That will allow you to practice without getting bored of it.

Of course, this is just for start, and later you should learn all chords and chord positions. And scales too.

5. mr singh

mr singh New Member

if u wanna wrk ur left hand fingerin on chords and ur right hand fingerin on picking the strings... u cud just play arpeggios which wud help wen it comes to more advanced playing

6. sanju_strings

sanju_strings 50 Pai$e <3V/S<3 50 CeNt$

7. samar_singh

samar_singh New Member

try my post man we all learn together