How to sing ?

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by Seelan, Nov 2, 2005.

1. Seelan

Seelan Soldier Of Fortune

can some1 tell me the basics of singing ? my voice keeps breaking and i am far past my puberty age .. there is really something wrong .. i cant say 'aaaaaaaaaaaaaah' for long , it cracks inbetween .. grrr .. how do i sing ??? the say from stomach , but how on earth do i bring it to stomach???

2. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

now i'm no expert but i usually try to sing loudly, to help open up my voice...

3. .:SpY_GaMe:.

.:SpY_GaMe:. New Member

i think its normal coz u r still in puberty by 18 u will get a fixed non breaking voice

try practicing more ur vocals ie sing sing n sing

n sing several types of songs that really helps ;)

4. abhimanjrekar

abhimanjrekar ----> Zhol-Man<----

try for long stretches of voice ..it helps..also once it sets ,try the modulations in voice....i aint a trained singer,tellin frm experience..

5. nik_bokacheley

nik_bokacheley :help: I'm a mad :sadbye:

I sing worse.. Evrytime I sing a song.. It becomes a recitation..:cry2:

nIK!!:eek::

6. m_waleed86

m_waleed86 KhaMosh GhuStAk

sing high pitched songs......just sing....but dont try to sing from the stomach it'll create problems for you and your family and friends ...or to whom ever is near :)

7. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Sing loud and sing with your head high if you have sing high pitched. You should train it systematically. I was clasically trained in vocals once upon a time. Now I cannot sing though,

8. Seelan

::SpY_GAme:: : i think i reached puberty when i was around 12 coz i remember that i once had a *nice* dream of my teacher .. so yeah , now 19 .. its 7 years and i dont think my voice is breaking for 7 years ..

to the rest : thanks alot peepz!!! esp the part tilt the head upwards , that worked!! Just another question , can everyone sing or is it talented ones only ?

Cheerz!

9. ronnieanand

And put your head down, when singing low pitched stuffs.

10. Seelan

hmm ok does the sitting posture affect , ronnieanand? or must i sit up straight ???

11. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

Dude u know what it means ... STOP singing and start GROWLING ...
    Try Pantera ... Sepultura .. etc .. etc ...

12. ronnieanand

Actually the posture affects especially the say your neck is positioned. Check out Classical singers, when they vary pitches, their neck positions vary. But first thing is sing loud and clear up your voice. A lot of warm water gargles will help you.

13. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Not everyone has a good voice....but everyone can at least train themselves to sing in tune.

14. Seelan

Nanda : LOL!! thanks , that was funny but cool! i did try Cradle Of Filth , came in quite natural for me :p

to the rest : alright thanks guyz for the hints :D

15. ronnieanand

Dont growl and screw up your voice. Sing good songs. Growls are from frustrated guys who cannot sing. Most growlers have no concept of key. All total losers in life with poser attitudes.

16. Seelan

hmmm ok , not too sure about that , cause I do enjoy Cradle Of Filth , Metallica .. but yeah when it comes to singing , its not good , there is no sweetness or as you said no concept of key... But when it comes to fun , stress relieve and head banging ... they rock!!!

17. abhimanjrekar

all the best for ur voice and post ur record soon......

18. gecko

gecko New Member

Try singing with the guitar or any other instrument...
    or best try karoke style..
    u get timing and diction practise....
    and try singing a lot of variety of songs and dont just stick to one style..
    keep changin it and find ur style..
    also sing from ur heart put everything u have got...

19. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

Good dude .. I mean great if u can sing FILTH ... Not many can do it ... And ronnie plz no comments on this one ...

Hey get our self a no idea wht its called in english ..( Shruthi box ...) it gives u a great idea about key ...

20. abhimanjrekar

gautam da,finally u posted..tell him how i sang summer of 69....... :p: