How to remove AVG Antivirus Free?

Discussion in 'Computer Forum' started by lisasctt4, Oct 5, 2011.

1. lisasctt4

lisasctt4 New Member

I am running Windows XP, I am full computer administrator, and AVG is not working so I am trying to remove it from my Laptop completely so I can either reinstall it, or find a better antivirus system. I went to add/remove programs, and clicked remove, but it didn't remove it and the "send error report/don't send" window came up. I tried to delete the AVG folder under Program Files, but it said access is denied. I caan't understand how I am an administrator, and I can't seem to delete this. I do not want to have to install another program, just to uninstall this one, because I have seen those. I just need to know how to remove this from my computer. PLEASE HELP.

2. mymusicmyguitar

mymusicmyguitar Active Member

Go ahead and try cleaning it from ur registry. Also there are 3rd party softwares which can help u to remove any program which is installed on ur PC effectively...Just google for those freely downloadable softwares...

3. lelindaedwards

lelindaedwards New Member

You can use Revo Uninstaller to remove programs that don't want to uninstall.

4. Keoraf

Keoraf Keyboard Player

You can try installing the newest version and after that uninstalling the prog!
    Otherwise go to the AVG download site, try the AVG removal tool from the AVG site:
    AVG Free | Download Free Antivirus Software | USA
    Click on Download Tools and download the AVG remover from their site!
    Good luck!!!

5. suha52

suha52 New Member

6. Haifa582

Haifa582 New Member