how to release an album in India

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by ak&guitar, Sep 18, 2005.

1. ak&guitar

ak&guitar THE INNER VOICE

hey guys just wanted to know ur thoughts about how should a pesron who sings decently go about realeasing an album. what should the be the process (step by step ) which would take u to the top.
    we all know its a long way to the top if u wanna rockn roll (specially in india) :beer: :rock:

2. nik_bokacheley

nik_bokacheley :help: I'm a mad :sadbye:

:eek::..Wrong area of post!! Should be moved to some other place.
    Anway, I think u should start off with stage shows. And then step into the world of recording..:)

3. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

Totally TRUE ...... Only Queenshrye has got a direct record deal without a GIG till date ...

Do gigs get popular do some self recording ... give it to a recording company ...
    Then they'll decide ..

4. ak&guitar

thanx guys

thanx very much dudes....but shudnt one have a band to perform on stage...... what if u are alone?>................and btw where should this post have been posted? :dance:

5. vini

vini Repeat Offender

make a formal band and arrange ur gigs in some pubs and diners in and around ur city..trust me this is eventually a good platform for ur recognition..many indian rock bands opted for this way including them clones..u must give it a try4 sure..all the best! :)

6. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

Contacts man is the key
    If you dont have relations in the recording industry u might find it tough ,unless u are extreamly talented and u say u are only decent
    U can make a demo tape and send it to recording companies
    it should be a decently recorded one preferably professionly recorded
    it would cost money and the chances of success is really slim
    If u are into it purely for the art you shouldnt be bothered about record deals
    perform for your satisfaction and for the people who want to listen u sing

7. vini

vini Repeat Offender

@ambush

nice advice there..man! i think its gonna help him a lot :think:

8. ak&guitar

yeah thans every one...........it is allready helpin me...........i just need a bassist n then we'll have band

9. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

its reall toughie to release a album in india!

........on the other side if u meant alBUMS,, then you can remove your downs and release the impressive alBUMS!:grin: