how to play a part of godfather

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by axlrose250, Jun 4, 2005.

1. axlrose250

axlrose250 New Member

|-13^12^10--13^12^10--13^12^10---/---/--/--------------------------|
    |------------------------------12--12--12-12-10-12-10-9-10-12-10-9-|
    |------------------------------------------------------------------|

how do i play this bit and how am i suppose 2 play a note wen the slide is in front of it:

|-----------/-------6-9-9-------
    |----6-10-10-----/8-----------
    |-/7----------------

2. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

it means slide from anywhere to 7th fret. You can slide from anywhere but it has to end on the 7th fret. That's all.

3. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

yup thats right^^

its generally a quick slide over quite a few frets - it wont matter mcuh whe3rer u start from but it does matter whether u start from a higer or lower fret - some1 pls. confirm this and explain it - i ahve to go now - ill psot later if no oen else does..

4. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

but it does matter whether u slide from above into the note or ulta.........as in if u slide from lower frets ( 1-2-3 etc) into 7 or from higher frets ( 19-20-22 etc) ususally in most cases its from higher
    just try both and see what sounds better........

5. shak

shak Harrr!

of course it matters .. but generally a 4 to 5 fret slide is enuff ... otherwise .. the frets are generally mentioned like in hotel california .. it is "slide from 3rd (or 2nd) fret to 10th" for the solo ...
    it matters cuz if you slide from a greater distance it takes time!!! this can mess up all your solo ...
    i say just go on with the flow ... keep the solo on time ..and let your fingers do the decisions for you ..

6. axlrose250

axlrose250 New Member

thanks bout the bottom part wat bout the top part how r u suppose 2 play tat,
    |-13^12^10--13^12^10--13^12^10---/---/--/--------------------------|

7. deathdr_87

^^ yup thats bascially wat i wanted to say - didnt have the time sorry....

13^12^10?
    no clue wat that means - ^ might mean a down stroke... could mean anything thoguh.... ud need to check up with the author of the tab.

8. axlrose250

axlrose250 New Member

thanks deathdr_87;
    does any body else hve any idea

9. tejas

tejas ..........

It cant be bends, no required pitch indicated. So, I think it is pull-off. I'm not sure.

10. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

Oh yeh, pull-offs dude.

11. axlrose250

axlrose250 New Member

so its pull offs

12. akkyy21

akkyy21 #%@!$&

hmmm,.. good,.. needed that open slide's ka funda since long,... was lazy to go n chk out in net :p.

13. deathdr_87

ive never seen ^ being sued for pull offs -

it mghit even be vibrato (though thats normally ~) or maybe even wide vibrato which is a wider and slower vibrato - seriosuly - id still suggest u send an email to the author of the tab - they reusually helpful and clarify doubts fast.

another simple suggestion: hear the song, try out some bends, some pulloffs, some downstrokes and some vibratos and see whihc sounds closest to the sound ur hearing - thats wat it most probably is...

14. axlrose250

axlrose250 New Member

i downloaded slash's video of playing godfather, wen it comes 2 tat part he goes on a made rampage playing the notes extremly fast does like a whole minute solo and then does the ending.

wat i could make out was tat it luks as though hes doing pulls ive been trying, if i hve any ill inform