How to master chord progession

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by Seher, Jul 6, 2006.

1. Seher

Seher New Member

I m a bignr n hv strtd playng guitar nt evn a mnth bk..!! Dispite reglr prctic I m nt abl 2 chng chords..!! It takes tym.. :(
    Evrytym I hv 2 chng da chord I stp strmng n chk whthr my fngrs r crctly placd or not..!! Please help me.. Hw cn I mk my chord changng more efctiv..!!
    PLEASE HELP ME..

2. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

keep practicing.. that's all....

and have patience!

You'll get there :)

All the best

3. Seher

Seher New Member

Thanx.. Dat was a quick reply.. :) I m practicng it n yes i ges I wanna learn it 2 fast.. :)

4. iprakash

iprakash Proud IGTian

Would suggest you first improve on your Inglis. Have some respect dude. You are requesting something.

5. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

What's wrong with u?

I agree he didnt use the proper spellings,but his english wasnt that bad.

And I cant see what's so disrespectful about what he posted.

Care to explain?

EDIT: Looks to me like the "Proud IGTian" is spamming.

6. iprakash

iprakash Proud IGTian

Dear Cryptic, if you can't spare the time to type a decent post, that's dis-respect. Need further explaination?

7. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

How so? This is the internet and more often than not, ppl use shorter alternative spellings.

Besides, what he was asking for came across pretty clear and he even said please.

So, I suggest that u stop spamming.

I'm outta here.

8. iprakash

iprakash Proud IGTian

But they don't write a poem in shorthand and I am not spamming. If the mods think so they are free to delete my posts.

9. Iraqita_EP

Iraqita_EP New Member

i think hez even stopped reading this thread.....on sub-topic:mad:iprakash:hez free to right however he wants
    on topic:pRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE :rock:

10. uj_6string

uj_6string Nickelodean Addict :D

keep ur right hand in charge....dont care if u have placed ur fingers correctly....make sure u have perfect rhythm...first practise slowly, once ur able to change the chords at a slow speed(with perfect rhythm), increse the speed....like this go on incresing the speed...a stage wil come when u would be able to change the chords at a decent speed, once ur able to do that, take some easy songs....
    it takes time....have patience and keep practising.....
    it took me 2-3 months to master major, minor and barre chords and switch between them quickly....

11. iprakash

iprakash Proud IGTian

@IRAQITA, As long as we allow him to. If you encourage such nonsense, more will happen. That's what I'm trying to do. EDUCATE NOOBIES. And Miss Cryptic believes that's spam.

12. Seher

Seher New Member

Thanx alot for your suggestions guys..!!
    Cryptic_angel and iprakash.. I think you guys got something related to my English.. I guess its Ok to write the way I did.. Anyways not to take the critisism further and accepting all.. I would like to make a point.. I AM A FEMALE.. think you guys mistook me to be a male.
    Thank You once again for your valuable replies.

13. Seher

Seher New Member

Dear uj_6string.. Thank you so much for your suggestion.. I am a bit relaxed to know that I am not the only one who is taking time in picking the chords and getting my timings right.
    Thank You once again

14. iprakash

iprakash Proud IGTian

I am pleased to see improvement Seher. Good Luck. Sorry for the gender confusion.

15. uj_6string

uj_6string Nickelodean Addict :D

oh, trust me....ur not the only one:)....every guitarist goes through the begginer stage, and faces the same problems....and it is at this stage many people quit...it can be a bit frustrating....but one has to have patience....once u master chords and become a lil good with the guitar....u start enjoying the process more....:)
    best of luck:beer:

16. Iraqita_EP

Iraqita_EP New Member

u guys seen the john lennon movie on history channel.....the guy lrnt to play guitar from a banjo......
    :nw::rock:

17. sachoo

sachoo drenched in my pain again

Seher, the first and foremost thing u need to do is finger practices, i.e. at the top of fret board and on the thickest E till thinest e keep revising 1234 plucking the corresponding string.

1= index finger on 1st fret, 2= second finger on 2nd fret 3= 3rd finger on 3rd fret and 4= 4th finger on 4th fret (same string). keep doing from E to e.

Do it for 15 mins and again get back to a simple progression (for a change) or something. I dunno if i m clear here but trust me this is gng to help. may be u will find a diff in a week.

18. Seher

Seher New Member

Thank you so much to all of you.. All your suggestions are going to be of great help..!!