How to make an acoustic into a Semi

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by iblees, Nov 8, 2004.

1. iblees

iblees New Member

MASLA MASLA MASLA alrite i have a Jumbo Sized F Cut Acoustic Guitar 22 Frets i wana turn it into a Semi-Acoustic guitar i went to see around there were PICK UPS which just picked the tone of giutar like Mic and did nthin i heard there are smthin called TRACUDERS to do this job wid 3 band eq any helpz wid tht btw i am from LAHORE so links to some shops will be preferred

2. mani_rawalpindi

mani_rawalpindi GUNS AND GUITARS

how about BUYING semi acoustic guitar

install a pick up
    even if u some how turn it into semi acoustic it wont be as good as real semi acoustic

3. iblees

iblees New Member

i already have a semi SAMICK ka but i wana turn this 1 into a semi too any1 else out there whi can help me wid this ?

4. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

I dont know much about guitars bro, why dont you PM jayanth? He'll give you some advice.

5. ^^ the best advice...lol...

6. Gretsch

Gretsch New Member

I can't say that I've heard of the Trucaders. There are two pickups made by Maton called the AP4 and AP5. They do exactly what you are after.

My knowledge of acoustic guitar pickups are not that great but I know the AP4/AP5 do have 3 band equalizers.

What make of guitar is the one you want to put the pickup into? If it isn't anything special, I wouldn't waste your time and money on it; especially considering that you already have an acoustic with a pick-up in it. To install a pickup with triband equalizers, aside from opening the guitar to install the pickup inside the sound hole, you are also going to have to cut out a chunk of the body of the guitar to fit the equalizer.

7. Gretsch

Gretsch New Member

Sorry, one other thing I forgot to add. The AP4 and AP5 pickups are great pickups. A few of my friends have Maton's with the AP5 and it truly is an excellent pickup.

8. iblees

iblees New Member

mate i have a guitar made my Fighter (kapok) i jsut wana experience this thingy waise i got the tri band eq and pickup wire for 3000Rs m goin to get it fixed tom