How To Form A Band

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by inayath_guitar, Jul 27, 2005.

1. inayath_guitar

inayath_guitar New Member

Hey Guys Im A Intermediate Guitarist And I Have Two Friends One Is Learning Keyboard And Other Is Learning Guitar.
    I Want To Know What Are The Requirement To Form A Band Im From Tirupati, Andra Pradesh. Can Anybody Help Me Out Please. And Suggest Some Good Band Names.

2. dlogic

dlogic Zuitarist

move this to music talk forum

3. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

um.. well... lets see.. u need a percussionist.. and a bassist... (i argue thats its etter to get ur keyboardist ot put an autobass part - not coz bassists are bad - its just that 99% of all of dem do too much naatak... at least in my experience....)

then u need a place to jam - ull jsut meet there and start playing...

4. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Just climb the mountain and ask the Lord Almighty. Lord Venkatesa will help you forming the band.

5. JAZZ

JAZZ New Member

^^ wut abt ,one man band..????
    ..only one man playing guitar ...vacals keyboards n Drums....

6. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

yeah like Vinod Khanna was in "Amar Akbar Anthony" ... LOL ...

7. dlogic

dlogic Zuitarist

yeah you can do it man....hold two guitars a base guitar and sit infront of a drum...and a mic

he ehheeh

8. JAZZ

JAZZ New Member

play drums n keybord with feet

bass $rhythm with hands ...n vocals...hows that..

9. BIG_EVIL

BIG_EVIL Guitaring Machine

hold a guitar which has two fretboards in it...one for electric and one for bass
    strum the guitar (oNLY WITH UR RITE HAND) ....first the electric and then the bass

place a drumset infront of u
    hold a drumstick with ur left hand ...play drums..

place a mic rite infront of u and sing

WALAAAAA
    ur one man band complete
    hehehahah

10. Seelan

Seelan Soldier Of Fortune

hmmm from see'ing all the above suggestions , i guess thinking and believing in the name 'Seelan' will get you started ...

lol .. well first just need to know that you guys are fully prepared , have plenty of knowledge too .. then get the appropriate players needed for the genre of music you guys play and yeah then start practicing ... attend gigs , see the way other bands perform , see the audience reaction ... learn from that .. and apply for some small gigs first or some school concert .. then move on ...

cheers ....

11. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

You need musical (not personal) friction. Thats gonna give the band a lot of creativity and a sound of its own.

12. inayath_guitar

inayath_guitar New Member

thanks SEELAN

thank you very much SEELAN. why i asked because this is not a well developed area as concerned with music field so i asked some sujjestions but nobody is giving some good response, i just want to know how can i get practised well n how can i master guitar n after that i can make a band. thanks for your sujjestions SEELAN .

13. nik_bokacheley

nik_bokacheley :help: I'm a mad :sadbye:

PRACTICE.......and more practice.....!!

And then..do shows....!!..And then form a band...!!..:)...wasn't that simple?

14. JAZZ

JAZZ New Member

^^practice whut ?

15. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

dude ...
    jamming/practicing everything is good ...
    but unless and untill there some level of proficiency ... "the band" will lose the enthu ...

so dude first of all make sure that your ppl should know how to play certain songs ... then combine to form a band ... and then go forward from there ...

what comprises a band? ... as u said u have two guitars and one keyboard ... thats gr8 ... u require one drummer or any other percussionist ... tahts it ... u can do away with bass if your keyboard player is good ... or one of the guitars can play bass ...

once u form the band ... decide on a few songs practice individually and then practice together ... and during these jamming sessions u might come up with new ideas ... go ahead ...

16. dlogic

dlogic Zuitarist

yup practise is important..........esp the cordination among the band members