How much should my band charge for gigs?

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by abhimanjrekar, Oct 21, 2005.

1. abhimanjrekar

abhimanjrekar ----> Zhol-Man<----

okay here how it is..... :cool:

I hav my band of 4 and we have been playin for over couple of months now at various places,...we mostly play in funtions in residential societies.....we used to take around 1500 for 90 say 2 hrs.....now we have got a show in a society on 4 december.....they have a PUJA and one of my frnd stays there..he has asked us....but we r thinkin of increasin the amount since we r goin to be playin for over 3 hours....we r thinkin of Rs.3000....all songs will be hindi and marathi....

wht do u think acc. to u would be the amount?.....plz give ur suggestions coz some of u mite be into this...... :help:

2. .:SpY_GaMe:.

.:SpY_GaMe:. New Member

hmmm it depends on how good u r at playing

well i think its a reasonable sum that u suggested .......

3. Ankur_Scorpio

Ankur_Scorpio New Member

ask for 4000...and then come down to 3000..... :p:

so both parties r happy....u got wht u needed...and they r happy thinking they got discount! old rule man!

:beer:

4. abhimanjrekar

they will get a good profeesional band for 4000...heheh.......i guess their ORCHESTRA expense will exceed thtn TOTAL budget of PUJA..hehehe....newayz thx for ur suggestion aaron....

5. nik_bokacheley

nik_bokacheley :help: I'm a mad :sadbye:

:)..I think money doesn't matter if you are good at your work. I think we should tell them.."Pay me after the programme. If you like us, pay us 3000 which is our rate. And if not, pay us what u want."..I think they would agrre to pay 3000 after listening to this dialouge.:p:

nIK!!:nw:

6. vini

vini Repeat Offender

@manjrekar

im replying coz u asked me..but sorry bhai i've no idea of these rates n stuff..me not a professional :)

7. abhimanjrekar

areey guess maarne ka sum ka....

@ nik,yaar i think tht would sound too rude re........and wht if they pay only 1500 after show..itna bajao aur itna hi lo........ :eek:: :eek:: :dance: :aggre:

8. jekyll

jekyll Banned

dude just quote the price u wnat ...

nahin to tell them : "doosri dukan chale jao aur sasta maal khareed lo"

9. abhimanjrekar

hehehe...@jekyll

10. vivo_b

vivo_b The Brave

Dude set a base rate for all your gigs.....say 1000/hr upto 3 hrs.....you can always update this rate as you play better and better music........plus u can have diff rates for english/hindi/marathi. The rates however should be discussed with ur bandmates!!!!!
    :band:

11. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

I have heard local rock bands get paid like 10k per show.

12. BIG_EVIL

BIG_EVIL Guitaring Machine

how much is 10k?

13. Ankur_Scorpio

Ankur_Scorpio New Member

10k = 10000 ......and tht is a huge sum to ask.....u will get abhi's band....playing for themselves!!! :p: