How many guitars have you had till now?

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by lord_neo, Aug 8, 2005.

1. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

hmmm ...
    this is strange ...
    i had posted earlier but somehow mysteriously its gone !
    :think:
    well i'll answer the question directly - how many guitars i've had (not bought ;))
    1. there was one acoustic which a flicked from one of my frend at coll - was a schit guitar ... really high action and made life miserable for fingers ...
    2. one Givson acoustic - had real nice sound - less bassy more trebly ... but still i liked the sound - again actually belonged to another frend
    3. for a brief time i flicked one guitar which had plastic body - yeah the hollow body was not wood - and it souded awfull ... well it had pickups so to say, but had to stay put with it till i got my own guitar
    4. finally a schitty Givson electric single coil (obvisouly Fender Strat Sooper fake LOL) ... coz i had no money - just outta college and no inclination to ask parents for it ...

2. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

This guys rocking_devil has a habit of posting some wierdo crap and disappearing ... He assumed that 13 AD is my band (I wud hav been happ if so) ... Then assumed i took guitars to impress gals ...
    Where the hell is he now?????

3. mr singh

mr singh New Member

lol... buyin guitars 2 impress girls... whats the world come 2???
    a long time ago, girls used 2 b impressed if u cud jus kil sum wild animal...
    neway, iv had three guitars:
    2 classical 1's
    and 1 electric (i neva even play it :))

4. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

MY PRIDE AND JOY !!
    1. a hobner jumbo
    2. givson blue diamond !

5. Addy Pant

Addy Pant Highway Star

I have just one i.e. my faithful Givson Blue Diamond. And, shouldn't this thread be in Guitar Gear Talk Forum??

6. taxyse

taxyse t3h.

hey hey hey....
    i hope all the ppl here with two electric guitars are sort of kind hearted.(and rich)....
    .OH PLZZZ OH PLZZZ>..SOMEONE GIVE ME A GUITAR damn it....
    yeah i dont own a guitar yet.......
    i hope i win one in the igt contest...(is it true they are givin out guitars??)

7. shak

shak Harrr!

WO! .. plastic body guitar!! ...where did ya get it from?? .. man i am on a lookout for those ... the guy form the white stripes uses a plastic body guitar .. he has some nice crunch to it ... iwant one as well... lemme know if you pass any

8. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

it was a crappy guitar having low action ... fret buzz ... and the pick-ups (dunno wheter piezo or magnetic) were not working ... the holow body didn't resonate fully ...
    prob not the one u'll be interested in ... :p:

9. Mr. Scary

Mr. Scary Bass-tard Child

I owned a total of four:

An Ibanez RG 220B
    A Hamer Vector (flying v)- this one was given to to me by my uncle
    A Jackson DXMG - Haha remeber this one? I wanted an ESP so bad!
    An Ibanez RG 7620- Haha and this one too! I was crazy about seven strings!

Now i own a used Peavey Grind 5 (5 string) bass, but in 2-3 weeks time im giving it away, and getting myself a Washburn Force 5 (its already ordered)

10. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

@mrscary - man!uhave one hell of guitars!inever came across i seven string guitar till now xept in pictures n tv!

11. Addy Pant

Addy Pant Highway Star

Bloody hell! You've spent a lot of money on guitars man! And nice Uncle you got!

12. born2tab

born2tab rhythm guitarist

hey Addy Pant is right...U got a cool uncle @mr. Scary.

Btw i have 1 accoustic...givson and 1 cheap tronad electric but for me these r my costliest and dearest assets

13. Mr. Scary

Hahaha none of those guitars ever exceeded $600 in price. Now i want you take that figure and compare it to my ex band members'... The LEAST I've ever seen them spend is $1,100 when it comes to gear.

14. Mr. Scary

haha, I got it because at that time I was crazy about Morbid Angel, Emperor and other 7 string bands. It takes some time to get used to a larger neck (well this helped me because I find no problem playing a 5 string bass now).

Check this out, I used to take that thing to my friend's house and jam. He was a bassist and he used to get super pissed at how i used to always drown out whatever he played (since seven string guiars are so bassy). then came the day i told him I was dedicating myself to bass. His first lesson was:

7 string guiarists= your enemy

He proved it too! I had a take at bass while he used my seven string...i got so pissed i almost shoved his bass up his ass. Well I guess to survive in a band with a seven string guitarist is to simply turn up louder (simple aint it? haha).

15. born2tab

born2tab rhythm guitarist

hey Mr.Scary.
    Can u answer my simple questions..how much time does it takes for a decent lead guitarist (who though has never played in a band) to become a good bassist???
    And i xpect an honest reply....asap...i too get pissed off by bassists..so wanna take revenge...as it is said..if u cant beat them then join them..ha ha

16. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

@ mr scary ...
    my TOTAL gear costs round 230$

and urs ........ well i cant calculate it !!!
    ps: do u keep ur old guitars or hav u sold em ??

17. Mr. Scary

haha, you know the bassist's problem is either:
    1.) people claim they can never hear what a bassist is playing (usually dumb****s!)
    2.)They always get the least amount of chicks :(

Thing with learning bass is, bass is not an TOTALLY different instrument compared to guitar, but it is STILL different. I still consider myself a noob on bass.

Either way its the same concept really, skill is gained through PRACTICE. However, good knowledge of playing guiar DOES help when it comes to playing bass.

18. Mr. Scary

The only guitars in my house right now is are Hamer Vector (sentimental value) and my Ibanez RG 220B (my first guitar). I've sold the DXMG and 7620 and some other stuff to buy the Washburn Force 5 and a decent bass rig.

19. h4f0n

h4f0n New Member

I have had 3 guitars, and still have them

A Fender tele, Aria ProII semihollow and a strat knock off

My bro also has guitars (2) which i use sometimes.

20. Ozze

Ozze New Member

i,ve a spanish guitar