how long do we have left?

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by sid_vicious, May 15, 2007.

1. sid_vicious

sid_vicious New Member

well i was thinking today...i know wooow....well it was more like day dreaming and i saw myself holding a new born and i thought this is my child but then i thought about the future and with all the global warming and bullshit....i dunno...will the planet last or will we see the end of the world...?i actually imagined people suffering and heat and death and disease and i dunno all those morbid things....

what u think...

2. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

I dont.
    Its not like we have exploded zillions of nukes that has made earth impossible to sustain life.

Global warming will cause extinction of speices that cannot adapt.
    I dont think that is any different from the times when there were ice ages or the so called meteor from outer space thignie.

3. Super-Admin

Super-Admin Administrator Staff Member

Jerry Seinfeld actually joked about why babies are born he said, "Babys are born to replace You" which is very true.

Anyways i think we would probably die before we see the most extreme effects of the global warming. I also dont think we can stop global warming before its too late, some say its already too late.

4. paranoid13rohan

paranoid13rohan .: iNDiaN iDioT 3.0 :.

i don't know why i do want to see the end of everything before i die.

5. zicky5608

zicky5608 Power Shortage

I want to see the end of everything after I die.

6. sid_vicious

sid_vicious New Member

global warming isnt the only thing eating us up...what of lack of resources? famine...i dunno b4 it all ends there will be suffering...alot of it

7. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

No big problem.

The thing is that you are seeing everythign as Man creatd probelms.

Famines and droughts were there before also. Today also they exist.
    The reason might be different, but you gotta see that earlier the prupose of drought or famine was to exterminate the species/individuals that can't survive.

Same thing is valid today.

Wahts the big deal in it?

Its just that we human are raised to think that everyone should get a fair share of everythign, and that everyone has a right to survive.

Everyone DOESNT have the right to survive.
    That is what is nature.

8. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

^ Rights are anthropogenic. We would very much like it if everyone lived without disease and problems but don't realise how much trouble we would be in if that were possible.

Not everyone has the ability to survive. That's all there is to it. Rights, duties, all things take second place. If your survival instinct is in place and works when you need it to, then you have a chance. Unfortunately that instinct has been warped by our current ways of living, because survival takes on a completely different meaning in "civilisation".

9. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

Eh, I dont want to see this thread after writing an exam on Malthus and Boserup.

*be's sik*

10. sid_vicious

sid_vicious New Member

yea i guess but if it were the way nature intended fire would never have been discovered and i guess thats what started it all...we would have evolved further and obviously survived longer....but wats happening now u think we gonna survive another say 50 years...?
    right now wat i wanna know is how long till earth dies...screw the adaptation its all changing too quickly to adapt

agree with alpha everyone doesnt have the right to survive but i dunno...well be responsible for killing everything...doesnt it bother u that ur kids (or kids u might have) will go through that suffering?