How Fast CAn u Play The GuItAr

Discussion in 'Guitar Tablature Discussion' started by BIG_EVIL, Jan 8, 2005.

1. apratim.mitra

apratim.mitra You can call me apro

^^^ and just in case u didn't know ... the song's by megadeth ... :)

2. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

recently i tried to improve my speed.........learnt alt piciking and still practicing
    well i can play 2 ocataves in about 2 secs....and i can play 1/16 ths in the same in about 4 sec........that is progress for me........
    but am still tryin to improve my accuracy.........
    SCOM solo gets me stuck at the exact same part...the PO and HOs on 7,8 fret with slides on 12 with bends on 15 and 17thf fret.......but then again i always play on the standard tuning which makes bending kinda harder....lame excuse.tho :)

3. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

my best has to be the solo in always withe me..but tho it sounds fast.its a tapping riff.........i do belive that melody > speed........
    living example of that is satch who is >>>> than yngwie

4. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

i play the following songs fully right now on my guitar::
    hoobastank - the reason
    metallica - nothing else matters
    iron maiden - fear of the dark
    u2- where the streets have no name
    u2 - with or without you
    iron maiden - holy smoke
    def leppard - 2 steps behind
    def leppard - photograph<but sounds little crappy>
    led zeppelin - kashmir
    led zeppelin - stairway to heaven
    jon bon jovi - blaze of glory
    scorpions - wind of change
    eiffel 65 - blue da ba dee
    megadeth - a tout le monde
    guns n roses - knokin' on heavens door
    guns n roses - estranged<need to improve speed>
    indian bands::
    parikrama - but it rained
    parikrama - open skies
    zero - lucy
    zero - psp12
    zero - christmas in july
    indus creed - trapped
    gary lawyer and band - set my night on fire<but sounds wierd.>

want to know::
    indus creed - pretty child
    joe stariani - time machine<want to know everything xept those light year speed solos>

tats all i know.

5. cool_is_rule

cool_is_rule Lead Guitarist

Cant play very fast. Still practising scales every day.................

I can play a 2 or 3 GNR songs ( that also incomplete)........
    cOoL iS :rule:

6. BIG_EVIL

BIG_EVIL Guitaring Machine

@rocking devil
    nice list
    but ...cmon..they are so easy
    play some songs like.....frantic or fuel

7. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

lol...u guys cant play s.hit!!
    just yesterday i learnt "Happy Birthday" ...now thats a toughie!!

8. sayanakaharry

sayanakaharry Forum Leader

@apro-da

u are right apro-da. holy wars is real tough to play.

9. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

@rocking_devil, impressive list. You're light years ahead of me:grin: I can play Kaho na pyaar hai, Vande maataram and umm...Popeye the sailorman tune(i still need to improve my speed on that):grin:

10. BIG_EVIL

HEY DUDEZZZZZZZZZZZ
    I JUST PLAYED FADE TO BLACK
    OFF THE HOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW....IT WAS A FLUKE
    ahahahhaha.

11. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

yeahh,..u guys can play so good...donno what i was doing lat 3 years of my guitaring life....cud u plz give us mere mortals some tips :)

12. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

My right hand sucks like crazy. My left hand is pretty decent and I can play quarter note legato runs at 208bpm. I haven't tried further. When I played a Ritchie Kotzen, legato lick, I felt I sound like him in terms of being clean and accurate. When I tried playing the solo of Sunshine Of Your Love by Clapton, I felt I sounded like ****, so I quit playing that solo altogether. These days I am getting pissed off playing solos. I learn a solo, play and feel happy. The more I play that solo, the more I am able to appreciate the original and the more I get pissed off with my playing. I feel shredding is easier as compared to playing things like Clapton or SRV Hendrix. If you think accuracy and speed is the key for shredding, then expression, heart and soul is the key for those guys playing. Speed comes by practisce by feel comes by blending yourself with the instrument. I felt practice is easier. I still dont understand how me and my guitar would become two bodies and one soul. Steve Vai's website has some nice tips on almost meditating with the guitar.

13. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

^dude ..quarter notes at 204 is amazing!!

yeah..its weird....when i learn a solo the day i learn i am very satisfied..then after playing it for 2 days i again get bored..so ive stopped learning solos. The last i learnt were the solos from One. These days im concentrating on my scales and improvising.

14. aysh

aysh -|h3 ori9in4| (ui!aris-|-

hey dennis what does "quarter note at ___ bpm mean " ?

15. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

hey nemo..quater notes mean four notes per beat. and bpm is beats per minute.

So basically 204 bpm is 204 beats per minute. and quater notes mean playing 4 notes per beat.

16. ronnieanand

A lot of guys confront me because I advocate real blues rock playing of people like Hendrix, Clapton. SRV, Leslie West to be far difficult than shredding. Jimi Hendrix once said "Playing Blues is easy, but playing Blues with Feel is very difficult". Most of the dumb guys I come across, show me a lick in which they do a bend, a vibrato, make funny faces and tell me that they too can play with feel. If people think, just a bend and vibrato can get all the feel in a sound, then :nw: , those guys must be severe guitar gods. One more :nw: for those guys.

17. ronnieanand

@Dennis,
    I dont get bored. I just cannot hear myself abusing those great solos. Many a times while we jam or gig, I start the solo, then improvise some quick legato runs and some quick shred licks. I feel a little better that way than screwing up the original solo. Sometimes the solos get super long. So it sounded like a short cut to an improvised solo. I heard Greatful Dead last week and that guy Jerry Garcia is GOD. Hear guys like Warren Haynes, Phil Anastasio, Bob Weir, Jerry Garci, etc... They can give serious inferiority complex.

18. aysh

aysh -|h3 ori9in4| (ui!aris-|-

how can this bpm thing be measured ?? :/|)

19. rizaaj

rizaaj Forum Leader

i can play at 0.001 km/h... lolz jus kidding

20. BIG_EVIL

can anybody play st. anger by metallica