How Fast CAn u Play The GuItAr

Discussion in 'Guitar Tablature Discussion' started by BIG_EVIL, Jan 8, 2005.

1. ishansz

ishansz New Member

Michael Angelo............he is the fastest ever, faster than Impellitteri, Malmsteen,Gilbert etc.

https://www.angelo.com/speed_lives_mab.wmv ........... check this link, and then u all will KNOW that he is the fastest....................(sorry if the link is a repost)

2. hankx

hankx New Member

guitaring

Man !!! you should listen/see the 'freebird' by Lynyrd Skynyrd too... Its an amazing piece of guitaring ...

~Rajeev

3. kevin_chris007

kevin_chris007 New Member

hi all
    metallica is not that fast check out miachel angelo lead player of band nitro......................................................

he can play 2 fret guitars on the same side and opposite side
    he can play from the reverse side of the fret

this guy of nitro is real metal addict and his lead ****s there's ain't no guy like him.................................

4. elfascinating

elfascinating risqué

Johnny Lever did that in "Jumme Raat" - Phir Hera Pheri music video.

5. derick-shredman

derick-shredman New Member

i can do 13nps

6. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

i can play 16th notes at 180bpm.. thts the max i have reached till now..

7. derick-shredman

^^^nice...any clips?

you might find this interesting...

'From Willjay at the Michael Angelo forum:
    I often get asked for an actual list of results from my NPS Clocking Project for alternate picking, so today i've typed out a list of my results from clocking over 50 of the fastest known guitarists.

I've split them into groups of speed, just to make it a bit easier to read.

As you'll see, there are several people that are around the same speed, though i have made noteable comments for a lot of them, because as is obvious to me now, they aren't all necessarily on the same level of picking skill JUST because they pick at the same speed, there are other factors involved also (eg. level of accuracy, difficulty of shapes/patterns involved).

I've also seperated the "Spasmic Arm Vibration" picking, from the normal picking. You may notice that Rusty Cooley is in both lists, that is because he changes how he picks after a certain speed (from controlled picking, to arm vibration picking).

This is the only list of it's kind i've seen anywhere on the net that is fully scientific, where i can back up every single speed claim with audio evidence in the form of 1 second clips that i have created for each artist, and clocked them myself.

Anyway.... here ya go :

- Shawn Lane - 18 nps

- Danny Joe Carter - 17 nps (not note for note accurate/coordinated at that speed)
    - Todd Duane - 16.5 - 17 nps (very accurate)
    - Marcus Paus - 16 -17 nps (inaccurate, tremelo picking)
    - Rusty Cooley - 16 nps
    - John McLaughlin - 16 nps (very accurate....on acoustic!!!!!)
    - Michael Angelo Batio - 16 nps (very accurate)
    - Joel Rivard - 16 nps (very accurate)
    - Tony Macalpine - 16 nps (very accurate)
    - Guthrie Govan - 16 nps
    - Rick Graham - 16 nps
    - Theodore Ziras - 16 nps (alternate picks accurate up to around 16 nps, after that he starts to cheat by missing out pickstrokes/economy picking)
    - Chris Impellitteri - 16 nps (16 nps in his early years.....these days more around 14-15 nps)

- John Petrucci - 15 nps (can be very accurate when not simply "tremelo picking")
    - Yngwie Malmsteen - 15 nps
    - Paul Gilbert - 15 nps (very accurate)
    - Al Di Meola - 15 nps (very accurate)
    - Jorge Strunz - 15 nps (very accurate)
    - Jason Becker - 15 nps (can be very accurate)
    - Vinnie Moore - 15 nps (very accurate)
    - John Norum - 15 nps
    - Michael Romeo - 15 nps
    - Ron Thal - 15 nps
    - Jeremy Barnes - 15 nps
    - John Sykes - 15 nps
    - Mario Parga - 15 nps (not very accurate, mostly tremelo picking)

- Paco DeLucia - 14 -15 nps
    - Conrad Simon - 14 nps (VERY accurate)
    - Kee Marcello - 14 nps (very accurate)
    - Milan Polak - 14 nps
    - Bob Zabek - 14 nps
    - Matthew Mills - 14 nps
    - Nuno Bettencourt - 14 nps
    - George Bellas - 14 nps
    - Stephan Forte - 14 nps
    - Toshi Iseda - 14 nps
    - Mark Tremonti - 14 nps
    - German Schauss - 14 nps (quite inaccurate)

- Buckethead - 13.5 nps
    - Jeff Loomis - 13.5 nps
    - Tony Smotherman - 13 nps
    - Steve Vai - 13 -14 nps (mostly around 13 nps)
    - Neil Zaza - 13 nps (i'm sure he can pick quicker than this... i just don't have many good quality recordings)
    - Joe Stump - 13 nps (though he does gain more speed with certain runs by economy picking)
    - Greg Howe - 13 nps
    - Steve Morse - 13 nps
    - Randy Rhoads - 13 nps
    - Zakk Wylde - 13 nps
    - The Great Kat - 13 nps (...of very inaccurate tremelo picking on 1 string)
    - Joey Taffola - 12 nps (very accurate)

Here are some speeds i've clocked for people using `Spasmic Arm Vibration" picking :

- Odracir (Michael Angelo forum) - 27 - 28 nps (Spasmic arm vibration picking on 1 note)
    - Shredmikael (John Petrucci forum) - 20 nps (Spasmic arm vibration "tremelo" picking; is 16 years old)
    - Tiago Della Vega - 18 - 20 nps (picks up to this speed with spasmic arm vibrations, left and right hands never match up, and often fingers more notes than he picks)
    - Francesco Fareri - 18 nps (...of uncoordinated, inaccurate, arm vibration picking on 1 string)
    - Rusty Cooley - 16.5 - 17 nps (up to this speed when using the vibrating arm picking method, which loses some accuracy)'

8. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

and why should i find it interesting?????

9. derick-shredman

'cause this is probably one of the best lists that one will find
    ...and the 'you' was a general you

10. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

11. derick-shredman

^^^FTLOG was really good, kudos to you......you could work a bit on the recording otherwise it was a good take

12. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

well yaa i know the recording was poor.. next time ill record better.. u have any of ur stuff?

13. derick-shredman

nah...i suck at recording, i have clips taken with my mob but the quality is quite poor, will post some clips once i record them properly

14. mymusicmyguitar

mymusicmyguitar Active Member

Awesome Man.....well played the FTLOG......ur Guitaring is certainly awesome.....The effect that u have got from the tremelo is super cool...................

Amazing.......Well played...
    Which Guitar hav u used for that song???

God_Of_Guitar u Rock man!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;-)

15. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

i used a "Ibanez rg550 Prestige 87" reissue lmt edition in Road Flare Red Coulor" hehe :).. thnxx for the lovely comments...

16. mymusicmyguitar

mymusicmyguitar Active Member

17. AceRoom

AceRoom Future Grammy Winner

What do you mean by normal speed?

18. gibson_Playa

gibson_Playa New Member

hmm i can play pretty fast but as everyone says its not about how fast you can play the guitar its about how well you can play it