How does the number of pickups matter??

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by abhi_shake, Dec 28, 2006.

1. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

i love my strat copy's neck....and i love the ESP LTD F-500s neck...but i have no clue about radii and stuff about the F500

2. abhi_shake

abhi_shake New Member

i've seen ppl mostly with Washburn X series. So wat kind of body wood, strings, electronics(active or passive) does it have? I mean is it a good elec to buy for a newb?

PS:- And wat does electronic active or passive mean?

3. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

Why don't you look up the specs on the internet?

Active pickups have a preamp circuit which boosts the signal of the pickups even before it reaches the preamp of the actual amplifier. This gives you higher gain in your signal (you could say a stronger signal).

4. TheDevil

TheDevil Ruler of Hell

laney, so you tried the damned F500 hah.U didnt even tell us :(

5. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

i tried it out months back....when i was a n00b...well im still a n00b....but then i was soo noob that i turned down a Epiphone Studio for a Ibanez 350 lmao....i hate myself

6. TheDevil

TheDevil Ruler of Hell

^^hehe lol did this n00biness(uber, ultra, gargantuam, humongous, BIG)LOOOL
    take place in India our elsewhere ?

7. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

switzerland.....went there on a vacation with family...i played the following and my mom said buy and i said no for a crapbanez RG

1.Yamaha RGX beauty...set neck
    2.Epiphone Elitist Studio
    3.Some cheaper priced Gibson...black with blue flame top i think
    4.Jackson RR3
    5.ESP-LTD F-500
    6.ESP Truckster (couldnt afford)
    7.Jackson DKMG
    8.Ibanez something Prestige

lol...and did not buy n e because.....of some st00pid reasons stuck in my head cus i wanted the following specs because i thought they were the best

HSH pup config
    Floyd Rose
    Bolt on - plz dont laff
    .........................................im Uber n00b

8. TheDevil

TheDevil Ruler of Hell

u WERE a n00b then !!!now that u know what you like and what you prefer ur not one anymore........How was the Jackso RR3(if u remember) ?

9. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

looked hot as hell....but then i used to think "duncan designed" meant a fake pickup......so i was like "chiii thuuu" lol...it was damn comfortable to sit and play...love to have a V....they look awesome ...and when u sit u gotta put it between ur two legs...so its pretty comfortable...(hard to believe but yea)....the pickups were good...really good....i used to think the greatest pickups in the world were EMGs....but at least now ive learnt a lot after joining
    www.indianguitartabs.com
    www.ultimate-guitar.com
    and the best place to learn stuff
    www.guitarlodge.com

(woot.....400th post)

10. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

We all regret some decisions in life, but you, mate, you take the f.cking cake!

Haha I know what it's like I almost bought a BC Rich guitar 2 years ago. Luckily a friend bought it first - I played it twice (for 2 competitions) and never looked at it again.

11. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

lol...i took the f**king cake...ate it....pooped it out...and then took it back in again...lmao...i know i wuz an idiot...big idiot...moron lol....
    Dude B.C Rich guitars arent THAT bad....played a BC Rich Bronze Warlock a week or 2 backk....and i must say that neck is pretty comfortable...hardware, pickups etc suck....but with 10k worth of mods it will be an amazing guitar....it costs 14k now and add a 10k of mods...and u will have a guitar worth at least 30k....i donno...thats just my opinion

12. TheDevil

TheDevil Ruler of Hell

U mustve got a good one from the rotten mangoes !!
    I hated em the moment i took em in my hand, dunno why but the fretwork wasnt upto the mark, was uneven upto noticable point also was sharp on the edges and the action was the maximum it could go but still was about 3 cms high from the fingerboard & all that in the Showroom display model...it was a 23k worth Son of the Beast(lol what shitty names) or sumthing !!

13. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

havent tried those...and yea their creativity sucks as*

14. nilu_nirvana

nilu_nirvana New Member

oh my god laney, you turned down a DKMG/ESP/Elitist??anyway, i understand....wanna hate urself for being a noob then, right? but then, on the brighter side , you wont repeat it again!!!!!take ur family out for vacation again!!!!!!!!