How do you direct your band's sound???

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by angel_of_sin, Aug 11, 2009.

1. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

I've read that about some equipment too. Makes you wonder.

2. flood

flood New Member

f.uck the behringer... take something a LITTLE better. doesn't even have to be tube. in that price range, the presonus tube preamp or the m-audio audio buddy should be good buys. behringer's sound tastes like ass.

oh, and "tube inside" doesn't equate to "good killer yippeeyahoo". while the presonus is a very good preamp, the characteristics of the tube channel are VERY different from a preamp with a tube running on high voltages. the coloration and THD are considerable. it's as importat (if not as critical) with tube circuits as it is with solid state ones that you design them properly.

i can bet my life that *if* that tube in the behringer is functional (there are a number of behringer units in which it is not) it is running off 48V max (phantom power levels). for a tube that was rated to deliver performance as shown by it's characteristic curves at 200-250V, i think it's not really going to cut it. disappointing that presonus fell ito the same trap.

3. ultrabot90

ultrabot90 Like fishes need bicycles

^Sorry, my net was down for a while.

Well, I'd just say that I never picked it because it was a tube. Rather, because that was the one of the two I could find on Bajaao, and the other was a Beh as well.

Thanks for that Audio Buddy suggestion, though. It seems okay, checked it out on some sites.