How do I play some minor chords ???:(

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by tejasi, Mar 31, 2005.

1. tejasi

tejasi Perfection Personified

Hey all you guitar gurus :nw: Jay, Bandbaaja....
    I am just getting better with playing the guitar...Have perfected the art of playing major chords :beer: but am now struggling with some minor chords like Fm, F#m, Gm and G#m. I just can't seem get my fingers positioned correctly!!! It's so frustrating!!! Can you guys please help?
    Thanks in advance,
    Tejasi.

2. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

if u know the positions, but arent able to get your fingers do what u want, then it is just question of practice. I hope u got the fingering right though. I mean..barre with index finger, etc etc

3. tejasi

Hey Jay,
    Yeah man that's the problem. I know the positions...just can't bar with the index finger and at the same time hold two strings on the fret second to the barred one! How do I do it??? If I manage to hold the barred fret correctly, I can't reach the other fret and both strings at the same time.. Is it just a matter of practice before I would get it or is there some trick to it?
    Tejasi

4. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

Just practice.

5. tejasi

Hmmm...guess I just need to be patient with myself ... and make sure my fingers can twist and turn into ever angle humanly possible!!! Willing to do anything for the passion of my life...Guitar playing!
    Thanks guys!

6. aeg0

aeg0 Guitarıng Alchemist

As you practice more, your fingers will become more flexible and stronger. Everyone faces these problems while starting out, me included. The best advice I can give you is the same as any pro would - PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE...and dont give up trying. As long as you are passionate about it and have the determination, you can do it.