How 2 get rid of buzz sound at 12th fret.

Discussion in 'English Guitar Tabs - Submit or Request' started by nnshinde, Jul 14, 2005.

1. nnshinde

nnshinde New Member

hi all..
    i got sum buzz sound at 12 th fret.strings are touching at 12th fret...its really annoying...when playing leads....how to get rid of it...?plz help

2. Khopdi

Khopdi New Member

Maybe u need to tune up right... Your tuning might be weak... Or try getting new strings for your guitar....

Im not a pro at this... but i have a feeling this could be the problems you could be facing...

Take care

Cheers :beer:

3. aysh

aysh -|h3 ori9in4| (ui!aris-|-

its fret buzz. u need to raise the action (the distance of strings from frets) so that fret buzz doesnt happen. else try n tighten ur strings.. may help

4. akkyy21

akkyy21 #%@!$&

Right,... that is,.. increase the height of the bridge of your guitar!!

5. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

umm.......theres a lot of ways to solve this, the simplest being raising the action...but that may affect the playing comfort...
    other ways to do it , u can file the fret, please DO NOT do this urself...go to a luthier to get it done...it could be that the frets 11th fret could be slightly lower...hardly anything wrong with tuning will get a buzz..
    raising the 11th fret a bit might solve it..but that helps only when the buzz is produced even when playing frets other than 12th fret namely 11th fret....
    u might even consider getting lighter gauge strings.....

6. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

If you have the screwed on type bridge, just loosen the screws on it and that should solve the problem. If not, go to a shop and get it done.

7. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

raising the action can cause one undesirable side effect - the harmonic on 12th fret may not sound like fret on 12th ...

that is very bad ... coz yuor guitar will sound outta tune as you go up on the neck ... (but in tune if us use lower frets)

if your neck truss rod is adjustible then loosen/tighten it ... and yeah the best thing is to go to a pro ...
    but i like the DIY approach ... upto u mate ...

8. nnshinde

nnshinde New Member

thanx all...i'll try it one by one...simplest first

9. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Manually examine is the fretboard is warped. If it's warped, then get it fixed by adjusting the truss rod. Else simply raise the action.

10. pure_angel

pure_angel New Member

raise the bridge.. dont do it by urself... it could make a guitar a useless thing...

11. Khopdi

Khopdi New Member

Umm come again in simple words.... Im lost... the high funda lingo is outta my reach... !!! :think:

Thx

12. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

fretboard warping means ... it has got twisted or bent ...
    and that happens due to lotsa reasons ...

primarily being the heat (or the cold) ... and moisture (i.e. humidity) ...
    string tensions also over a period of time cause it ... coz wood is also susceptible to hysterisis ...

truss rod is a metal rod which goes in thru the wooden neck ... so first of all metals are supposed to better behaved mechanically than wood ...
    and second thing is u can adjust the tension in the truss rod ... that can counter the warping produced by the wood ...

that will make the neck straighter ...

13. Khopdi

Khopdi New Member

@ssslayer, Apprecitated... really helpful

thanks
    cheers mate... :beer: