Home made Distortion Pedal

Discussion in 'Bengali Guitar Tabs - Submit or Request' started by rockbabun, Mar 21, 2007.

?

What will be used for the distortion's body??

1. Metal

13 vote(s)
    76.5%
  2. Wood

4 vote(s)
    23.5%
  1. pro4u

pro4u New Member

dts gr8 newzz....

finally we wll prove dt we cn do it....
    gr8 wrk kp it up...saptashaw and rahul...
    really vry gd wrk...
    m alwez dere for u...
    my bst wishes r wd u...

2. Saptashaw

Saptashaw PRO Tabber

Thanks very much Prosanto-da!! Tomader shobar support niye-i to aamra kaaj-ta korchhi. Tomader shobar enthusiasm and support dekhe aamra obhibhuto. Keep supporting us so that we may succeed in all our ventures.

3. Saptashaw

Saptashaw PRO Tabber

After a lot of discussion about the casing, we have finally decided, tentatively, on a hybrid - Metal body with a Plywood inner lining. That seems to solve earhing problems as well as magnetic shielding problems.

Your suggestions please...

4. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Hi,
    I initially tried with a Plastic SPDT Switch that was available. I used a Electro Mechanical Relay to do the actual switching, so that it becomes True Bypass. The main issue was there was a lot of leakage from the relays and the switching time was pretty slow. So I had wipe this option off. Then I ordered Electro-Haromonix Switches. I also used this switch as a replacement for my Wah Switch. These switches are sturdy and good to be stepped hard.

5. rockbabun

rockbabun New Member

ok...i m back..net is active again.

Just now we went to the local component shop. But unfortunately the components we needed were not in the stock..so I guess we hav to pause the work till weekends....

But the bad news is..I think i have to sign off from this project for now cuz my tests r nearby... I'll join again after 16th April.

@all.... Thanx for your suggestions and replies....

Here are the pictures of yesterday...

Attached Files:

6. Saptashaw

Saptashaw PRO Tabber

Although Rockbabun will be busy with his studies, I, thankfully, am not the studious type and will be continuing with the project. After going through a few data sheets and the circuit, I realised that one diode which we were having difficulty in obtaining could be bypassed by taking a different power source. And I've found replacements for the other two. So the circuit will be complete by early next week (the circuit is in my college). Then begins the testing ;) .

7. Saptashaw

Saptashaw PRO Tabber

Ronnieanand, Hmmm... will have to do some research on True Bypass and switches.

All, as it is evident from Rockbabun's post, it will be very difficult for me to post regular pics from now on as he is the one with the camera mobile. However, I'll try my best. The good news is that the circuit is nearly complete. All that is needed will barely take an hour's work. So cheers :beer: :beer: .

8. rockbabun

rockbabun New Member

I hav one more pic of the circuit which i snapped with max resolution and size for future references....but can't upload it as it is bigger than the max. upload size allowed........

9. ronnieanand

Why will you ever need Diode to make a Distortion pedal....

10. himika9

himika9 !!!WANNA B ROCKSTAR!!!

@sapta da...can u post the schematic diagram u guys are using for ur project...that d b great :D

11. rockbabun

rockbabun New Member

sure ..as soon as we finish the project.;)

paranoid13rohan likes this.
  12. nik_bokacheley

nik_bokacheley :help: I'm a mad :sadbye:

How much would this cost ?:eek::

I am interested to buy something cheap.. but good.:d:

13. paranoid13rohan

paranoid13rohan .: iNDiaN iDioT 3.0 :.

it's a great thing that you people are doing something like this ... my best wishes are always with you ... SapDa & Babun truely rock !!! :nw::rock::nw::rock::nw::rock::nw::rock::nw::rock:

14. Saptashaw

Saptashaw PRO Tabber

Thanks Rohan!!

Himi, diagram would be posted later.

Nik, I am sure it will cost WAY less than the original, but we can't give you the exact cost without finishing it first. And we are doing it for our entertainment and benefit, not to release it in the market. But we will be glad to meet our friends' requests :p:.

Ronnieanand, As far I understand, the diodes are used mostly for clipping.

15. ronnieanand

I know Diodes are used for Clipping....Very few overdrives use Clipping. Normally they go with Oversaturation of the transistor. A few like MXR Distorion + use Diodes for Clipping....

16. rockbabun

rockbabun New Member

thanx:beer:

17. Saptashaw

Saptashaw PRO Tabber

We are going for a Distortion, not overdrive, man!! What about the pics we requested - of the pedal you built?? Please post them.

18. UjSen

UjSen *#!EVIL*!!

now thats a BIG pedal.........

19. Saptashaw

Saptashaw PRO Tabber

Sorry for the delayed posting. I've been quite a bit irregular at college owing to health problems. I had planned on starting the soldering work today, but unfortunately, a classmate of mine shorted the Soldering iron :annoyed: . however, I used the time to run a software simulation of the circuit, and it worked :rock: .

20. metalcruxx

metalcruxx New Member

Check mine

This one's not a clone of any existing model, and it's great for metal...it does scream :D
    Will be adding an equalizer to it and other control knobs.
    Anyone, wanting one can order it :D :D though it might take time to finish and deliver it ;)

Oh, and by the way, this is patented...so no stealing :)

Attached Files: