Hi!...help needed and advice

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by sidtheimmortal, Dec 8, 2007.

1. sidtheimmortal

sidtheimmortal New Member

I am a 14 year old kid.playing acoustic sice 2 yrs...........want to take a electric.......my budget is Rs.9500........(holding an electric guitar,Distortion pedal and amp).............or should i put a pick-up to m\y current acousic and take the dis.pedal and amp...plz help guys.......i live in poona.........plz also tell a shop name!

2. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

buy a laney lx12 or lx20 amp(they have distortion) and a java strat...Or forget about the amp and buy a zoom 505 II processor and a Gb&a strat. You can use a home stereo or computer speaker as amp...

3. raj.hendrix

raj.hendrix New Member

oh god! please DO NOT BUY A ZOOM 505...it doesnt qualify as a processor

4. radicalz_adi

radicalz_adi New Member

hmmm save money...u cant use pedals wid acoustic........or get the givsons n stuff......

5. sandeep_

sandeep_ New Member

I have a JAVA strat on sale... used, 2 years.PM me if interested
    Also I have a kustom sound distortion pedal to go along wit it.Its not a great pedal, to be frank,..but I just want to give it off..may be 500 bucks 4 d pedal.

6. AtoZ

AtoZ New Member

Furtidos hv good variety guitars (but 10k above). J&D (chinese made) at Awaaz sounds good (INR 5200 ).
    Install Guitar rig (if u hv a PC) and u dont need any processor, amp etc.

7. sandeep_

sandeep_ New Member

The difference between the sound when your guitar is plugged in a computer speaker and a proper guitar AMP is so VAST that I almost fainted when heard my JAVA strat through the newly bought Marshall15CD. previously i was using my computer speakers.
    I think investing in atleast a Marshall10 cube is a must, it really DOES make a BIG difference to hear your guitar through an AMP.

8. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

Buying the laney would be a better option than marshall, cause then you dont need to get a pedal for sometime...so you can save up to buy a better processor/pedal.

Amps/pedals/Processors are more important than guitar.

9. sandeep_

sandeep_ New Member

tht exactly was my point.to get a decent AMP without compromise.now if thts marshall or laney is the next step.
    basically guitar through comp speakers suck.BIG time.

10. Life_Sans_Death

Life_Sans_Death Acronym!

Well, not exactly. With a poor guitar, I doubt you will play more than you spend time to set it up correctly. The intonation would be screwed, it would detune easily and give you a lot of headaches. And this causes intense demoralization.
    Trust me.

And given the quality of these shitty SS amps, I dun expect anybody to know what tone is by getting even the top of the line MG or Laney LX.

11. Life_Sans_Death

Life_Sans_Death Acronym!

Your best bet will be to get a decent guitar that will last you atleast 2-4 yrs, and an amp like a stranger or custom sound(PA more likely) and an effects unit. Get a Zoom G2 or something and start playing.

And then save up for a better amp.

12. Life_Sans_Death

Life_Sans_Death Acronym!

And the distortion on the Laney though usable, gets a lot noisy as soon as the volume goes above 4-5.

13. sidtheimmortal

sidtheimmortal New Member

So,I'll take the second hand Java strat for Rs-4500 and take the Boss ditrotion pedal for 3000 bugs and take some nice comp speakers with woofers and all thoe stuff for Rs.1000

(p.s-how will i connects the to the speakers?)

14. sandeep_

sandeep_ New Member

Sid, I have sent you a PM.chk it...and the guitar aint for 4.5K ..its for lesser amount. but i wont mind if you giv me 4.5k :) chk da PM

well and for gods sake buy a proper amp..comp spkrs are a BIG NO NO. spend on a good amp wit overdrive channel rather thn on the boss distortion..u cant buy a boss distortion and then plug it in a comp spker..hell no.Get a good amp, you wont regret it.

15. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

dony buy a pedal unless you have a proper guitar amp....pedals are gonna sound like crap thru a computer speaker...

p.s. If you dont already have a computer speaker/stereo whatever...go for an amp insted of buying one new...