Hey guys new to the Forum songs from me.

Discussion in 'IGT Soundtrack - Your Band, Your Gig, Your Music' started by getshorty80, Oct 1, 2006.

1. getshorty80

getshorty80 New Member

hey guys i did these songs like a year back. with Direct line in to my computer. no Amps. just guitar->Processor->PC line in.
    Used a Tansen - Strat copy with Seymore Duncan hot rails.
    the guitar parts i did is over dubbed. the Drums were done using a midi drum software. i messed it up a bit i think hahaha. no worries for a first timer. as such i have been playing for 6 years - ;learnt it all by myself and i know i have to do a lot better for the time i have been playing. still to learn.

Hope u guys like it will provide u links have a look if u feel like thanks. looking forward for ur commnets and advices. thanks again.

https://www.soundclick.com/bands/pageartist.cfm?bandid=608302

jozko likes this.
  2. jozko

jozko Banned

Welcome shorty! I heard both, to me impressive music! Just wait.. comments, suggestions, expert opinions will follow. More people will login after holidays.
    U learned it all yourself? awesome. Reps to you. and u just keep posting. Lot of people post such music here. rgds

3. getshorty80

getshorty80 New Member

thanks dude

thnaks dude. i mate i learned guitar by reading tabs, online notes few tips from my good friend Videep from the band No Idea and thats why its taking me a lot of time/practice. which is good!. so still long way to go.Hope to improve more on the solo parts though. thanks and yes i will wait for the pros to come up with suggestion and then i could learn a thing or 2.

4. sam_sealion

sam_sealion MeLoDiC ShReDDeR. . .

hey man.. both cool recordings..
    good phrasing on the first track.. the tremolo picking licks at the end of it sounded nice..
    nice tone too.. gr8 job..
    sam

5. getshorty80

getshorty80 New Member

Thanks sam

thanks dude. and by the way the picking at the end of the first track was just the picking and with a bit of delay and auto wah. didnt have a tremelo as it got broke - thats when i bought my guitar and was apeing around hahaha. was really stupid.

6. sam_sealion

dude.. if im not mistaken.. tremolo picking doesnt require a tremolo rite...
    it means rapid picking on a single note if im not wrong..

7. SG1

SG1 "Brown Jesus"

^^ ur right dude

The best way to think about the motion of tremolo picking is to Use the very tip of your pick. Don't let more that a millimeter of the pick drop below the surface of the strings.
    Angle the pick a little by bending your thumb slightly. This will help the pick glide across the strings more smoothly.
    The side of your thumb will gently brush against the surface of the other strings, while the pick drops just below the surface.

Tremolo picking is easiest if you play all of the notes in a phrase on the same string. That way you don't have to lift your right hand up to make the transition to another string. Of course you shouldn't always do what's easiest, but that is a good place to start.

Hope it Helps.

8. getshorty80

getshorty80 New Member

Sorry!!

hey i might have been playing guitar for 6 years but i am still like dont know what i am doing hahah actually when playing i know thats rubbish trying to learn now. so its called tremelo picking is it. but it was not just one note i played all i did was this.

|-----------17---------|
    |--17-19-20-----------|
    |----------------------|
    |----------------------|
    |----------------------|
    |----------------------|

and really fast with a bit of chorus-delay and distortion on it thats it mate. I dont know if its called tremelo picking. if its so thanks again for letting me know. point noted.
    Thanks to SG1 too.

9. sam_sealion

if you picked each of those notes once then it wasnt tremolo picking.. maybe i dint hear correctly..
    neways.. nice track...
    keep rocking..

10. slipknot_555

slipknot_555 RuHH..

yea nice tracks .. +1 for sg tips on tremolo pickin.

11. getshorty80

getshorty80 New Member

thnaks dude

thnaks dude for that. right now i am kind of learning as well as working on something which is like using the bass and drum lines of summer song and doing a different take on the guitar. i know i am not worthy but cant really get any good back up tracks for the guitars haha sorry satch i would never ever be even .00000001 time good as satriani.

12. slipknot_555

slipknot_555 RuHH..

^ so u influenced by satriani..

13. getshorty80

getshorty80 New Member

hey dude

hmm i can say i started with some metal stuff like metallica and Megadeth. eventhough i still like them i am not into too much metal these days. went through some videos of satch and vai. man i was digin it so started to change my musical direction. but do still listen to megadeth.(in my openion i think they still rule when compared to metallica these days - no offence there. and no hard feelings). i like marty friedman and zakk wylde too. i am basically up for 80's hard rock.(whitesnake, poison, etc).Anything which is plain hard rock. rule.

DJ-ROCK likes this.
  14. DJ-ROCK

DJ-ROCK Member

You Sound Professional Dude...keep It Up..

:welcomean
    :rockon:

15. zugzwang

zugzwang New Member

cool stuff....way to go shorty....but i must say the last riff of "After" was awesome...liked it just instantly...

16. getshorty80

getshorty80 New Member

thanks dudes

thanks a lot guys. will do my best to out out more clips soon working on it. but thanks a lot mate. really motivating.