Hey! Can I have some feedback on this guitar tone? Please :)

Discussion in 'IGT Soundtrack - Your Band, Your Gig, Your Music' started by Demonstealer, May 7, 2005.

1. Demonstealer

Demonstealer New Member

Hey just recorded this clip in the afternoon.
    Wanted some feedback on the guitar tone.
    The low end is a bit much because I didnt notice my system bass was on 0 therefore ended up adding some but think it came out ok.

https://www.audiostreet.net/artist.aspx?artistid=21496

or

www.audiostreet.net/resurrection

there is just one track there thts the one.

Please gimme feedback and comments

PS -THE FILE NAME IS POD XT TRIAL - LINE6 INSANE LAYERS

cheers

2. aishes

aishes New Member

Grt !

hey man just checkd ur clip, sounds great! Try adding a lead riif in the middle !!

Likes the one in the end!!

Rock on

3. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

I like the tone. It sounds extremely thrashy in the style of say Exodus or Overkill. If thrash is what you are looking to play then this is pretty much the tone I like to listen to. If you want to play death metal then you need a little more definition to the tone because otherwise it'll just seem like generic grind...

If you wouldn't mind please tell me what guitars/pickups you used to record this.

4. Demonstealer

Demonstealer New Member

This is my custom made guitar with a Dimarzio pickup. I'm running into my POD XT LIVE and I used 4 layers on this 2 main patches and each patch has a different mic position simulated on the processor. Am working on cleaning up this tone a bit. Actually my bass on the system was turned down and I ended adding extra lows on the thing so got to clean that up.

Incase u heard the other clip thats the same thing on a B tuning but that has 2 more patches added to it which are more clean.

Anyway thankjs for listening both u guys!~!