help with outlook express

Discussion in 'Computer Forum' started by Rey1970, Sep 28, 2005.

1. Rey1970

Rey1970 New Member

problems with outlook exp. 6.0. I get an error mesage, outlook exp. needs to close sorry 4 the inconvience. etc. anyone know or have this problem b4, what step do I need to fix it thanks.

2. jekyll

jekyll Banned

I dunno - have not faced this problem, but then all Microsoft products have this tendency of crashing or hanging.
    U can quote the error message and do a google search - usually that gives a lot of info on the problem and solution too
    Another way would be to update, usually whenever an application crashes, an error report is made which can be sent to Microsoft ... try sending it ... normally it asks u to update the product (which can be done online)

3. Rey1970

Rey1970 New Member

thanks 4 the reply.I'LL try that....thanks again.

4. zoomingrocket

zoomingrocket TeChNiCaL AdMiNiStRaToR

Go to Control Panel>Add or Remove Programs>Click Add/Remove Windows Component>Scroll the List and UNCHECK Outlook Express>Press Next and Complete the Wizard

Later, again follow the same steps and CHECK the Outlook Express and complete wizard!
    This is like reinstalling the Outlook Express and i guess this would solve your crash problem..

I am assuming you are on Windows XP and you are using Outlook Express, not Microsoft Outlook (Two different Products)

REgards,
    Zooom..!!

5. Rey1970

Rey1970 New Member

thanks 4 your reply I defrag, and cleared some disc spc. cause it said it was low and now it seems to work fine, but I'll try yours if all else fail thanks zoomingrocket.