Help wiht my forum?

Discussion in 'Computer Forum' started by rockin'away, May 5, 2005.

1. rockin'away

rockin'away Banned

well i am uploading some mods.... but wen it says for example:

#
    #-----[ SQL ]------------------------------------------
    #
    ALTER TABLE phpbb_users ADD user_show_quickreply TINYINT(1) DEFAULT '1' NOT NULL;
    ALTER TABLE phpbb_users ADD user_quickreply_mode TINYINT(1) DEFAULT '1' NOT NULL;
    UPDATE phpbb_users SET user_show_quickreply=0 WHERE user_id=-1;
    UPDATE phpbb_users SET user_quickreply_mode=0 WHERE user_id=-1;
    INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('allow_quickreply', '1');
    INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('anonymous_show_sqr', '0');
    INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('anonymous_sqr_mode', '0');

I dont know where to go to do this... and i dont understand it all that much
    can anyone help me?

2. zoomingrocket

zoomingrocket TeChNiCaL AdMiNiStRaToR

This is an SQL Query... which u need to execute in MySQL Database of your Forums!

For this.. commonly tools available are phpMyAdmin!
    But for further details.. contact ur host!

REgards,
    Zooom..!!

3. rockin'away

rockin'away Banned

i confused......:S

4. rockin'away

rockin'away Banned

anyone who can help me with this please PM me.... and then i shall give you the details of my account and all that so you can get the MySQL access..... please help someone...I finding hard to install other mods/hacks because of this

5. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

Dude if you have no idea what a mySQL query is, you really should not be running a bulletin board because if you have problems later on you'll be stuck for good. My recommendation is that you learn up a little more on mySQL, PHP and bulletin board software (Invision and vBulletin are ones that are popular) so that you at least have a basic understanding of how they work together.

You can find out more at the vBulletin and Invision forums which have detailed FAQs about their software. There are a lot of resources on the web where you can understand basic mySQL query structure as well as some PHP coding. Also there are a whole bunch of references and guides for installing mods. Check out the vBulletin and Invision boards again as they usually have dedicated forums for mods/hacks and you will usually get your questions answered there.

6. rockin'away

rockin'away Banned

i know what to fo just i dont know where to do it! ..... death add me to ur msn list and i shall talk to u on there:)

7. nadish

nadish Active Member

Yarr!!! Tell me which mod do u want to add to ur forum???????? And tell me have u added Natzy's Easy Mod?????

I can solve ur every problem regarding Phpbb...

8. nadish

nadish Active Member

Yarr u don't need ne idea of MySql and PHP if u r using PHPbb forum... Pm me if u want ne help... I'll tell u the better, easiest and faster way to overcome ur Phpbb problems...

Bye