HELP: What are these Soundclick Charts?

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by sDEVs, Feb 18, 2008.

1. sDEVs

sDEVs Inventor

Hi Freinds,

Soundclick displays a CURRENT CHART POSITION icon... Which shows something like (for example)-

#42 from 1,20,000 songs

-What is it?
    -On what criterais do they number them?
    -Is it so that our songs really rank so much higher in their rating?

If anyone know it, put some light on it...

2. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

To the best of my knowledge, the only criteria is the number of times a person has clicked on the link to that song. Say for example, you've posted this song on IGT. Being a large community, a lot of people must've checked your recording. This alone will propel your song to a high number on the charts. I don't think ratings etc. are taken into consideration.

Still it does feel nice to see your song ranked highly :)

3. sDEVs

sDEVs Inventor

Ya BJR, I too think so, coz my songs really rated something like 42! 17! 300! 215! among 1 lakh 20 thousands!!! I was shocked at first, but thought that it might be something different. I too think so, but even then, whose going to hear my (or anyone's hindi songs that much?) May be we really dont know the whole picture. Lets see if someone else clears the picture more...

4. sDEVs

sDEVs Inventor

Ya BJR, I too think so, coz my songs really rated something like 42! 17! 300! 215! among 1 lakh 20 thousands!!! I was shocked at first, but thought that it might be something different. I too think so, but even then, whose going to hear my (or anyone's hindi songs that much?) May be we really dont know the whole picture. Lets see if someone else clears the picture more...

YA BUT THAT'S FOR SURE THAT
    "WE REALLY FEEL NICE WHEN THE SONGS RATED HIGH"