help to buy processor/pedal(for metal)

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by fullmetal, May 13, 2011.

1. wylder

wylder Member

Does your amp have a line out and a footswitch for changing channels between clean and distorted sounds?
    If it does have a line out, you can play directly off your amp. Another option is to mic the amp, which should also be fine.

Regarding the distortion pedal, it might sound a bit harsh if you use a distortion pedal alone. If you have in built reverb in your amp, the DS-1 + reverb should be fine. Else you might have to consider getting a delay pedal to smoothen out your tone.

2. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

If you have Rs 75-80K disposable, then please help me with only 15K. It'll help me buy the Yanagisawa Tenor Saxophone I have been looking out for.

This is India, and ppl have to wait for years to save even a Lac of rupees.
    And then that saving is not entirely for guitar playing, ppl have to take care of other things in life also.

Now coming to your "they sound shit to me".
    I am sure in double blind test - you wouldn't be able to tell one from another.
    Its only when you play with your own hands and listen with your own ears that you realize the difference in dynamics.

Super-Admin likes this.
  3. CARLOS SANTANA

CARLOS SANTANA New Member

ihv line in nd headphones options im my amp !! no line out!!! its a practice amp!! laney lx12...does that means pedals cant b connected>?

4. CARLOS SANTANA

anyways i can afford till 6k...dunno what to buy for live stuff!! confused!!

5. deepanvishal

deepanvishal New Member

hey dude...try line6 floorpods.....they seem gud.....
    floorpod plus costs around 12k...ts a nice one
    if possible go for higher ends...like line6 podx3 LIVE,(i think ts outdated) or similar one line6 HD 300,HD400,HD500
    they cost around 25k...
    they ll b like one time investment and u wont need a better thing than them, checkout the line6 website!

all the best dude!

6. wylder

wylder Member

I asked for line out to check if you can go direct to PA from your amp. A headphone out would sound a bit different when on PA so the engineer would have to EQ it out correctly.

Anyways, it looks like you do not have a reverb/delay effect on your amp. So your best bet is to go for a distortion unit and a delay/reverb pedal.
    For drive pedal, some options from Boss that I have tried are OD-3, BD-2, DS-1, OS-2, DS-2, MD-2, MT-2. You'll have to pick one based on the gain and tone you need. I had tried the Digitech Hardwire ML-2 and MXR Zakk Wylde overdrive too which are great pedals but pricey for your budget.
    For delay pedal, any basic digital delay will do as you are going to use it just to add dimension to your tone.

Go to a music store and try them before you buy because tone is very subjective.

7. wylder

wylder Member

Btw, look out for used pedals if you want to save some cash. It is almost impossible to break these pedals with regular use, unlike digital processors.

8. CARLOS SANTANA

what about korg ax3g ??

9. deepsal

deepsal New Member

I have already disposed 1 lakh plus on my gear i can omly help you with 15 Rsthough lol
    take my advice if you cant afford all that high end shit save up atleast for a pod hd300
    you can get some good tones out of it

now its time for some thrashinggghh yayyy
    boss mt-2 and the metalcore suck metal muff truimphs over them
    now od's are made to tighten up tube amps od'ing ss amps with od's equals tone disaster
    anyways boss od's mentioned above suck tooo basically all the present day boss pedals suck but the vintage ones muahhhh
    the only od's worthy of getting are the ibanez ts9 or ts808
    or maxon od808 or od9

10. varunmm4

varunmm4 New Member

If anyone needs a Digitech RP50 I'm selling one for very very cheap. Get in touch if interested.

Santana, looking at you particularly since you said you have a gig coming up and need a processor asap.

11. bcrich

bcrich New Member

If you have 15k, you should buy a bunch of pedals than a crap processor. Since you have a hi-gain SS amp, buy an OD pedal, For boosting a hair above of what your amp is giving you. @Deepsal- what's your take on this? OD pedal -->SS amp= a better hi-gain tone overall?

12. deepsal

deepsal New Member

nope od's are made to overdrive tube amps
    if you use them to clip silicon diodes in ss amps and this amp is a modeling tube amps
    the result will be nothing more than a muddy tone,and you still wont get the distortion
    just bunk all the previous advices t.s
    even my advice,i dong remember exactly but maybe i had reccomended a metal muff dont go for that you have to options
    -order the triple wreck dist pedal its one of the best dist pedal i have ever seen
    or
    -get dr boogie distortion pedal built by someone its schematics are freely available on net and its opensource
    avoid all boss pedals,but if you happen to find a used rusted non working boss hm-2 buy it at any cost
    its the only boss pedal worth buying,but it was discontinued 20 years ago,i saw one in kolkata few months back the kid was selling it for 1000 but i didnt bought it because i didnt knew about it and it was all rusted,i regret not buying it now

13. deepsal

deepsal New Member

I wanna know how much are you selling it for man,as it costs 2k new how much are you selling it for .5k??? just for lul i wont touch that piece of crap :p

14. bcrich

bcrich New Member

Learn to QUOTE..

15. deepsal

deepsal New Member

^I am too lazy to quote things