help: suggestion on tunning the guitar

Discussion in 'Bengali Guitar Tabs - Submit or Request' started by shawkat, Aug 23, 2006.

1. shawkat

shawkat New Member

guyz
    just need a small suggestion.....
    normally guitar tune korar shomoy kon scale e korte hoe?.......
    i usually tune the first string open at D#/Eb and then tune the rest of strings accordingly....
    is it ok or do you have any other suggestions?
    please respond....

keep rocking

2. himika9

himika9 !!!WANNA B ROCKSTAR!!!

standard tuning hocche
    e|---------
    B|---------
    G|---------
    D|---------
    A|---------
    E|---------

yes its ok to tune in Eb

3. Morbid_Angel

Morbid_Angel Sid the sloth

if ure a beginner i suggest u NOT to tune to Eb. U Must be ready for it and ure ear must be trained. Play the major/minor scales in Standard tuning then shift to 1/2 step down tuning with other scales.

How long have u been playin the guitar for? And is ure ear trained?

4. shawkat

shawkat New Member

i am not actually a beginner, neither an expert....been playing guitar for almost two years......but absolutely shokher boshe bajano.....motamoti ponchash tar upore gan tulte perechhi....ar shudhui friends der adda te gai....
    anyway, thanx for the suggestion.....actually i met someone who used to play guitar in his early ages in early 80's.....he suggested that tunning the guitar at Eb/D# suits almost everyone's voice.....it's just a general statement and when i tunned the guitar at Eb it sounded good to me.
    i really don't know what you mean by my ear trained or not.....probably you meant whether my ear recognizes different tunes/notes or not.....mmmmm, not really.
    i read somewhere in this forum that someone was talking about "if ur guitar is tuned at C, then ......" something like that. that's why i asked whether there is any particular rule or something for tunning the guitar....
    anyway, thanks again.....please respond if you or anyone else has anything more to add.

keep rocking...

5. Morbid_Angel

Morbid_Angel Sid the sloth

Nah i was just askin..if ure good at the guitar and playin it for 2 yrs..then u must be good enuff to play at Eb tuning.

Anyway dude if ure ear aint trained yet? U been playin for 2 yrs u shud recognize tunes and tune ure guitar in 60 seconds !

6. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

First string ta E te tuned thake. Eb hole half step down hoye jabe (Metallica r Nothing else matters er ekta version ache jeta Eb te kora). I think, normally tuned korle E tei kora uchit...

7. FEB31

FEB31 New Member

I agree. E tei tune kora uchit. In that way you will never have to transpose anything that you had picked up e.g in G#.