help regarding electric guitar

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by mad_man, Jun 13, 2006.

1. mad_man

mad_man oo my god kill Em all

hi guys

i have been playiin acoustic form sometime now but now want to switch to the electric now there is something i would want to know guys here playiing electric guitar

i went to shop .......the guy told me i can play electric guitar without even amplifier ....if i have a music system in which has a jack for the mic.

now if i would not have to an buy the amp. this new guitar will be under my budget but the thing that i want to ask is that can i play the distorted sound (with poewrchords ) without an amp. or is there is any way by which i can generate distorted sound by pluging electric guitar with my PC

also 1 thing more ......if i have to buy an amp. i'll go with lowest price so does all the amp. have distortion "button" in them (even the one which are cheapest....)

please help..............

2. .:SpY_GaMe:.

.:SpY_GaMe:. New Member

replied in the other thread u created!

3. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Yes you can.
    Music system also has a built-in amplifier.

You will have to get a software which does that. Like GuitarFX etc.

No.
    Many amps have just clean channel.
    No overdrive/distortion channel in them.

4. prit_undead

prit_undead New Member

i'm also about to buy my 1st electric
    saw a amp from laney yesterday that has got all the common effects

5. Iraqita_EP

Iraqita_EP New Member

marshall mg10cd and mg15cd hav overdrive in dem......cost me 3k

6. dirt_nectar

dirt_nectar New Member

i'll recommed buy pedal for effects

7. ThePacifist

ThePacifist New Member

Some music system inputs are not impedance matched to the output of your guitar....so that might result in your guitar playing at very low volumes.
    Also, there are plenty of effects software available on net for download. I wont say they come anywhere near the real thing, but they give you a feel nonetheless.....

and dude, trust me when I say this, DO NOT buy substandard instruments juct because you dont have the money. SAVE UP...coz a good buy is a once in a lifetime buy....Im sure many Ibanez/Gibson/fender owners will attest to that fact!!

8. mad_man

@alpha1--thx dude u really cleared almost all of my doubts.........thx mate

@ThePacifist --thx for the advice man

@dirt_nectar--what is pedal? i hv no idea about it..........

9. ThePacifist

ThePacifist New Member

A multi effects pedal is a digital instrument with a DSP chip inside it, where engineers sitting somewhere have studied the dynamics of various amplifiers, distortion pedals, flanger, chorus and what not, tried to analyze how they produce the sounds that they produce, created programs to emulate the same sound, and dumped those programs on the chip...and they are inexpensive.. So basically you get a lot of effects in a small box. Due to the fact that its an emulation and not the real deal, the multieffects do not quite sound exactly like the original effects, but, for the most part, most of the ppl cant tell the difference.

You can get a multieffects pedal for cheap and try a variety of effects on that. Try searching for multieffects pedal on www.musiciansfriend.com or any such site and you'll get to know what all they pack....or go to your nearest guitar dealer, he's sure to have 2-3 models.

alpha1 likes this.
  10. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

^^ +1 well said... Thats the reason why I prffer individulal pedals, instead... though some mulit effects are good.

11. mad_man

phewww......