Help!plzzz

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by Ali Akber, Jun 6, 2006.

1. Ali Akber

Ali Akber New Member

Now i hav many questions
    1. How much will a good but cheap electric guitar cost me in Karachi?
    2. What else do i need to buy with an electric guitar?
    3. What is an amp and is it really needed with an electric guitar?
    4. How much does an amp cost in karachi and do i get one with an electric guitar?

thnx and plz reply soon

2. .:SpY_GaMe:.

.:SpY_GaMe:. New Member

didnt i donate u 7k points for a so called poetry competition n i can c that there has been no results declared ......

hmmmmm bad boy no wonder u r on red

3. Ali Akber

Ali Akber New Member

sorry spy...u can hav them back...and can u reply to my prob?

4. .:SpY_GaMe:.

no dude keep it ;)

so first what is ur budget how much r u willing to spend??

n the amp u can get a large range of price it will depend on how much u want to spend

u will also need a processor .....

5. Ali Akber

Ali Akber New Member

I hav no idea abt it...tel me the cheapest guitar with the cheapest amp and processer...wese what does processers and amps do?

6. .:SpY_GaMe:.

u can connect ur guitar to ur pc too

use softwares like guitar fx box to replace what a processor would do

dude how do u expect to play the electric guitar if u have no source of transforming the electric pulses amplifier is that thing from where the sound ie guitar sound will come from

processor is that device which can or cannot include a distortion pedal which allows u to have good distortion n various effects like wah wah + some include drums sounds n other stuffs

if u just buy an electric n plug it to ur pc ie with no g fx box software u can get a clean electric guitar sound type

hmmmmmm others will enlighten u better

perhaps what i said is rubbish coz i am revising right now n bye

7. Ali Akber

Ali Akber New Member

k thanx but i did not understand anything...can nyone else help me abt amps and processers and electric guitar prices

8. Iraqita_EP

Iraqita_EP New Member

crash course in electric guitar........go to a guitar shop......the thing with a stick and a body like u with horns is an electric guitar....it has six strings...or maybe even seven.....it has pickups....wich can be humbuckers or single coils......there is a hole in the guitar body....u will get a wire wid it.........an amp is a box wid several knobs on it for controls like volume,bass,treble,contour and maybe even some effects like overdrive and stuff..........u will notice that the amp also has a whole like the one on the guitar body.....plug the wire into the tow wholes.....plug the amp into an electrical point...switch it on.......and waala.....u hav sound.....
    a processor is used for making sounds like wah wah....try saying wah wah wid ur mouth.......the sound will be sumwat like the proccesor will give u.....plus it has other effects like delay....reverb,etc

9. Strings_Fellow

Strings_Fellow New Member

Hi Dude!!!
    first tell me that u want a Brand new or a Second hand Guitar???
    if u want a second hand then it'll cost u about 5000 minimum,& if u want to buy Amp also then amp will cost about 2500 minimum.or if u don't want amp then u can plugin an electric guitar in ur PC's sound card.if u want more help then u can come to me in F.B.Area block 1 Karachi.

10. Iraqita_EP

Iraqita_EP New Member

i forgot to add dat an electric guitar is heavy

11. nilu_nirvana

nilu_nirvana New Member

Hey Ira...cool lessons on the guitar, amp and processors!!!!!way to go!!!!

12. nilu_nirvana

nilu_nirvana New Member

hey ira!!!nice work on the guitar lessons!!!!!!!!!he he!!!!!way to go!!!!!!

13. Iraqita_EP

Iraqita_EP New Member

thanx dude..........shud i hav mentioned to the tone changes and the volume control knobs on the guitar or wud dat hav made it 2 difficult

14. faraz khan

faraz khan Fkay'zzz .......GoNe MaD!

if youre a beginner then it would be way better to by the Acoustic first

15. Ali Akber

Ali Akber New Member

k thanx irtiqa...thanx alot now i kno every thing;) and faraz i do hav an acoustic guitar:p

16. Iraqita_EP

Iraqita_EP New Member

i dunno bout the cheapest electric.....but i bought my aria stg-003 for 6500 in delhi.......and i hrd the gibson or givson gs1000 is for 4500