Help plz... i need an effect processor and a guitar

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by arunthegr8, Sep 14, 2007.

1. arunthegr8

arunthegr8 New Member

i have been playing an acoustic for just 2 years and need some help for buying a new effects processor and a guitar. i usually play Rock, Metal & Blues....

for the effects processor i have narrowed down the following (ordered with decreasing priority) after reading their reviews at www.ultimate-guitar.com . can you suggest the best out of them with the reason.....

---------------
    Effect Processors
    ---------------
    Zoom G2.1U
    Zoom GFX-1
    Zoom 707 II

actually i also wanted to know whether the Zoom G2.1U features 2 small changer buttons (i dont know what they are called) as i saw in 707 II (i friend of mine owns it) & GFX-1. I mean that while performing live can i change from Acoustic mode to Distortion with just the touch of a button (using my legs) in G2.1U. Also does all the above processors contain distortion and flanger effects... i didnt find those details in the review.

For the guitar i havent narrowed down any models but can you suggest me some. i have a budget of around Rs. 7000 - 8000.

Also can you suggest a good music store in mumbai and vishskapatnam where i can buy these because i will visit any one of the cities in a week or two...

thanks for the help..

2. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

go for the G2 or check out the Rp250

3. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Forget Vizag, it sux for musical instruments.
    And you will be forced to shell out loads of monies for real crappy instruments. + there is absolutely no variety.

In bombay there are several stores.

4. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

G2.1U is you processor.
    It has the button thingie for chancgin patches. All processors and pedals have that.

All processors have distortion and flanger effects also.

Some of the standards thingies that all processors are bound to have are:
    Compressor - for clean sound
    Overdrive - for mild / soft distortion like Bryan Adams
    Distortion - distortion, haha
    MEtal distortion - metallica sort of

Wah, Delay, Chorus, Flanger, Phaser, Tremolo, Panning, Tune up/down etc

Now what you have to look out for is that whethere the quality of these effects is good and acceptable to you?

G2 is the newest processor fomr Zoom, and it has definitly got better quality of sounds that others.

For you budget of Guitar, you can get GB&A strat guitars~5500. Pretty good for the money.
    And then you have Fender Squier.
    https://www.bajaao.com/fender-squier-california-series-stratocaster-electric-guitar-p-3690.html

5. Shreddy

Shreddy LaneyManeyResurrection

California fender squires are really good!