Help Needed with acoustics... Noobie here

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by felix.ragav, Mar 27, 2007.

1. felix.ragav

felix.ragav New Member

Hello guys,

Im startin out on guitar classes next month..... I have a budget of 3k and from chennai .... what should i go for ...... I thought of a Hobmer Pick-up fitted or a givson 150d ....... where should i try...is sapthaswara good or should i go to musee???

i thought that buying a acoustic with a pickup would be better option later...

help me guys im too confused

2. Asmodeus

Asmodeus New Member

Hmm...
    I dunno which models are avilable in Chennai, but please, do yourself a huge favour and try picking up a Granada...

3. born2tab

born2tab rhythm guitarist

I was in chennai for some four months in 2005 and found the shop named Laxman shruti the best among promusicals and other such shops.
    A nepali fellow sits there and he has a collection of very good low cost guitars like givson,hobner,signature,granada and stuff.
    Besides he will help you to decide on your guitar too.
    I have the address on ma gig bag.
    Will find it and post it by tomorrow.

4. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

Some Hobner's really rock .. others such big time .. Some Givson's really rock .. others suck big time. Infact that's the way for all low end guitars. So I'd advise you take someone knowledgeable with you to buy the guitar.

I recently saw a GB&A and loved it. It had a really different kinda hole on top. Rs 3500 .. see if you can get that one.

5. born2tab

Ya gb&a will always b a notch above hobner.And now with the split in the family manufacturing hobner guitars..the qualityz gonna degrade..thats what guitar shop owners say:think:

6. born2tab

Ask ronnie..he has a gb&a.He can tell u about its quality

7. Double Click

Double Click New Member

^^^ GB&A acoustics are pretty good. Granadas are a good option too :)

8. Asmodeus

Asmodeus New Member

Yeah, GB&A work well for a low end budget... better than the Gravson, Epephone, Yemaha, Givson and Hobners...

9. born2tab

gravson:think:

Hearing this name for the first time:think:

10. Asmodeus

Asmodeus New Member

Well, there's also a Crown Guitars somewhere...

11. felix.ragav

felix.ragav New Member

hey guys,

im a student and had to fight it out with my no-go dad for this dumb 3k so give me choice well within this and i understand that many are plannin to type it out on how much they battled it out when they were students and things like that .... i understand all that but i since i have an overdraft on my supply of green i can only manage this......

@ born2tab:thanks for the advice i believe this shop is somewhere near annanagar(??) anyways i will check them out.... i'll take my friend who has 3yrs exp in playin the guitar <<he happens to be my inspiration>>.......

thanks again guys......

felix

12. born2tab

Ok..tell me after u have purchased it.

13. felix.ragav

felix.ragav New Member

ok........im not sure if its the hobner or the givson.........

14. Saptashaw

Saptashaw PRO Tabber

Pluto > Signature > Hobner. Pluto has a guitar costing exactly 3K, it's without pickups and sounds nice. But you might want to check out a Signature. DON"T GO FOR A GIVSON or even the new Hobners.

15. felix.ragav

felix.ragav New Member

oh.......ok........

so do these manufacturers have anysites or something????

16. felix.ragav

felix.ragav New Member

guys i saw an granada acoustic for Rs 2600 at bajaao is it worth it???
    can i get it at the price here in chennai??

here is a link:
    hxxp://www.bajaao.com/granada-black-cutaway-acoustic-guitar-freebies-worth-rs-1500-p-3517.html?manufacturers_id=11

pls change the xx to tt .....did that to avoid direct linking

17. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

My friend owns a blue granada and it was rreally good! I used to play it often untill it fell down and cracked. But yeah its a great guitar!

18. felix.ragav

felix.ragav New Member

so can i get it around rs3000 here in chennai????????????

19. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

No idea. Its available in bangalore i think. But you can get it from bajaao . Ive ordered stuff from them . no problems.

20. felix.ragav

felix.ragav New Member

guys found a place which sells granda at 2.2k+ here in chennai........