Help Needed - Wht to do next!?!

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by BaAaLi, Sep 14, 2004.

1. BaAaLi

BaAaLi New Member

Hello All helpers!!!!

I m into guitar for about a month...learned all open chords... and some basic bar chords... playing some songs too.... But juzt don't know wht to do next... wht to study.. wht to practice....I don't think this is all a guitarist should know... rite !?! i'll b waiting for help!!!!!

Regards,
    BaAaLi

2. pacificwaters

pacificwaters - .+:| Oriel |:+. -

hey baali,

u learned chords.... right...

practice them till u get them perfect.

simultaneously also go for the major and minor scales.
    i think u should also ask for advice from the other chaps on these site. they have awesome knowledge

3. rabi_sultan

rabi_sultan <Bulla Ki Jana>

nope pretty much pacificwaters is right, you gotta perfect your chords so that each string rings when you play it, also sliding barre chords and changing chords should also be mastered. Good song to learn right about now for you is Eric Clapton - Old Love as it has some nice barre chord changes in it as well as a few changes where your only changing the notes on two strings of the entire barre chord, basically you will then realise the importance of getting each string to ring.

then learn the scales, it doesnt matter if you didnt learn scales but your going to need to learn them now. Start with major, then minor then the pentatonic majors and pentatonic minors.

Once you've done that you should definetely learn how to make harmonic sounds on the guitar.

Also during throughout this time keep up the spider work as well as the right hand strumming exercises. because by the time you get through this you should be a master at ryhthm guitar. Next would be to learn the lead work.

Also make sure you're playing your chords on time and get into a habit of playing on time with the music so a metronome may be very handy. It would make lead work easier.

4. BaAaLi

BaAaLi New Member

Pwater n rabi... thnkx a lot for replying... n giving advices... Well.. As I've written that I m good with chords... chaning.... and haan.. EACH STRING RINGS... I can play dooba dooba(silk route) , Bheegi Yaadein(jal) E.P Hamesha(with p-chords) and some more easy songs

juzt learned a few strumming tricks... and m practicing it..

Alrite... Major Scales.... Wht are they !?! where can I get em !?! do tell me

Thnkx
    Regards,
    BaAaLi

5. pacificwaters

baali

did u check www.cyberfret.com i saw a link somewhere on this site that that site has info on major and minor scales.

just check it out

6. BaAaLi

BaAaLi New Member

Alrite... Thnkx :)Nice ... there are.. all the scales :) thnkx

Regards,
    BaAaLi

7. rabi_sultan

for other hints and tips about scales and spider practices look around IGT they are all here.

8. rabi_sultan

you guys wanted the tabs.

fortunately Guitar Pro 4 exports them into ASCII :rockon:

Attached Files:

9. pacificwaters

hey thanks rabi

will try it out!!!!!!!!

10. jayanth

jayanth &lt;.: : Call Quits : :.&gt;

Work on Scales.. And soloing..