Help needed!! Which recording software do u guys use?

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by kiran_1377, Jan 23, 2006.

1. kiran_1377

kiran_1377 New Member

Hey Guys,

Please help me, i use some pre-installed PCI Audio application to record my songs on the computer, but each songs turn out to be huge in size ( 20 - 30 MB per song!!!! :shock: ). Looking for some advice on what software to use to record songs.

Thanks in advance,
    Kiran

2. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

No probs
    U record your songs using whatever software u are using.

U just require an encoder that will convert you wave (.wav) file to mp3 or ogg.
    That wil reduce the size 10 fold.

PM me.
    I may send you one encoder.

3. swoosh

swoosh New Member

Do you record to wave or to mp3?

20-30 megs for a regular mp3 is weird :p If it's a wave though you can convert it to mp3 and reduce it to a tenth of the size, google and try one of the myriad converters available online.

IMHO Audacity is cool for converting single files cause it lets you play with the audio a bit as well :) [https://audacity.sourceforge.net] but you'll still need to find the LAME (or BladeEnc) encoder DLL to go with it.

Sushant

4. kiran_1377

kiran_1377 New Member

Guys thanks for your replies...but the recorder ( It came as a free software with my sound card) records it to an mp3 file not wave..... and 20 Megs for a Mp3 file is too weird.... thats why i wanted to switch to a new software to record songs.

5. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Hmm In that case go for Audacity, If you dont wanna spend anythign on this.

6. aeg0

aeg0 Guitarıng Alchemist

audacity doesnt work on my win xp. anyone else have the same problem ?

7. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Why dont you try doing this:

Right click on the Audacity exe file.
    Go to properties ---> compatibility and check on Windows98/Me option.

8. slash_i_m

slash_i_m Laid to Rest

audacity has a problem.use adobe audition.i guess alpha was the one who told me that.:think:

9. Evo Guy 911

Evo Guy 911 Banned

wud somebody share the links to the stuff discussed above? Somewhere we can download all that?

10. sayanakaharry

sayanakaharry Forum Leader

use adobe audition or cool edit pro (virtually the same) or Cakewalk pro audio.

11. Evo Guy 911

Evo Guy 911 Banned

Maybe i need to rephrase: GIVE US THE DAMN LINKS !!!!!

12. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

13. Evo Guy 911

Evo Guy 911 Banned

:goof: Oops! sorry Alpha.. :sorry: Im just too lazy for that....... Thats why im so good in guitar theory than actually playing guitar....