Help Needed Regarding Standard Tuning

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by Chirag, Nov 22, 2004.

1. Chirag

Chirag New Member

Hi . i am able to tune the guitar but i dunno how to keep it on std tuning . i dont have a keyboard or a pitch pipe to compare the sounds . i downloadaed a guitar tuner but its not working .

Can someone please send me the sample sounds of all the six strings in std tuning in mp3 format ?

2. ill give u an idea..nothin else matters

3. esgallindeion

esgallindeion Minstrel Knight

Use guitar pro 4's digital tuner...

4. Chirag

Chirag New Member

what idea ?

what idea ? can u please explain it to me .
    Thanks.

5. Chirag

Chirag New Member

I

i forgot to tell u one thing . my budget is as good as zero .i can buy a pitch pipe for 100 rs. should i?

6. well chirag theres a song called nothing else matters by metallica..where they play open strings in the intro..u could use that song to tune ur guitar or...ill post the clip tommorrow...all the strings in standard tuning ok?

7. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

8. Chirag

Chirag New Member

Ok

Yeah . i know the song very will . thanks . i have the acoustic as well as the normal versions with me.

9. Chirag

Chirag New Member

10. chachoch

chachoch New Member

Want another idea?

I have an ingenious way to tune the guitar in standard or whatever tuning I want by using a simple mobile phone.

But you gotta have a good ear.

Here's what you do. Two methods are there

1) Create a Ring tone based on the regular guitar tuning (Eadgbe).
    When you need to tune your guitar, take the mobile out and play the ring tone. And tune the guitar!

2) Create one based on a song that you know. I use Sweet Child 'O Mine (G 'n R) and Ariels (System of A Down). In these songs, 'D' forms the root note. I tune the 'D' string first and the rest of the strings relative to that. Finally, confirm it by checking other 'D's on the fretboard.

Hope this helped.

Cheers

Kay

(PS. Very very useful if you are on tour or in a musical shop)