Help needed in deciding

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by Ali Akber, May 27, 2009.

?

Which Processor should i get?

1. Line 6 FloorPOD

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Digitech RP250

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. Boss ME20

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  4. Korg AX1500G

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Ali Akber

Ali Akber New Member

So now i need help in deciding which processor to get with $200 to spare.

I mainly play Hard Rock / Metal (Alter Bridge, Avenged Sevenfold, Bullet for my Valentine, Godsmack, Disturbed etc.) and need a processor with some decent metal distortion, some effects like reverb, delay, phaser and tremolo, and a good noise gate for my noisy guitar. My budget is only around $200. And yeah, I also have a Crybaby, Digitech Distortion Factory and a Tube screamer.

Thanks in advance guys!

2. angel_of_sin

angel_of_sin bassist.....

why do you want a processor??? i would suggest you go for an AMT metalizer or a Boss MT2........

3. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Because he also needs FX, and combined it may work out cheaper if he goes processor way.

Although Metallizer or DuHast would hit the distortion spot on for the genre is has mentioned.

Ali Akber dude, you are asking for a strong and heavy distortion. All the processors can perform pretty good in that domain.

Processors start showing their true colors when asked for light or mid distortions, where subtle nuances are called for.

PS: Boss Mt-2 and the likes may not suit. They sound thin and are much better for thrash metal. This requirement calls for a thick distortion.

4. Ali Akber

Ali Akber New Member

I do have a Distortion Factory, and i get all the good distortion i want out of it. Mainly i need the processor for effects like reverb, delay, chorus, phaser and tremolo. I can also use the noise gate in these for my noisy guitar. So now any suggestions?

5. Ali Akber

Ali Akber New Member

can you guys please help me because im not at all experienced with processors..