Help Needed- Fretboard is not straight

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by Shashank007, Aug 18, 2005.

1. Shashank007

Shashank007 Extremist

I have a ascoutic guitar. Its freatboard is not straight meaning it have slightly lilted down from between. I think you have understood what the problem is. Please give me suggestions if i can repair it myself or I have to take to the shop.
    Thank's

2. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

all the fret boards are supposed to have a little scoop in between ...
    but if it is too high which causes tuning to go wrong (that two strings do not match) .., then adjust truss rod (if it exists - it is a metal rod running thru inside the neck) ...

go to the shop ... thats the safest bet ... but if u like a little adventure ... then ... DIY ...

3. vipin_slash

vipin_slash New Member

It may be due to dampness / humidity in u'r area.If so it will become OK on its own
    else get it repaired.

4. Shashank007

Shashank007 Extremist

Their is a truss rod in my guitar, But please explain me How to adjust it. Pleaseeeeeeee!

5. abhay_saxena

abhay_saxena Lord of the strings

you must have a truss rod adjuster with the guitar. It is a small peice of steel or iron. you can insert that on the top where there is the truss rod and rotate either clockwise or anticlockwise. As far as i know, if you rotate clockwise, it'll tighten.

6. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

7. Shashank007

Shashank007 Extremist

Thank's A Lot Guys, You all Were really helpfull.

8. aysh

aysh -|h3 ori9in4| (ui!aris-|-

fretboard is not straight ?? hmmm .. interesting :devilish grin:

u go to some dumb newbie and sell off ur guitar saying that its an antique masterpiece made by archimedes

yo !

9. Shashank007

Shashank007 Extremist

Ha Ha Ha! :RollLol::RollLol::RollLol::RollLol:I am laughing on myself, Because I was handed this guitar the same way you are suggesting, when I din't know how to properly hold the guitar! :cry1:

10. aysh

aysh -|h3 ori9in4| (ui!aris-|-

lol lol :) poor u ..

11. shak

shak Harrr!

it musta been nemo who handed you the guitar... LOL .. you devil!

anyway ... yeah try adjusting the truss rod ..it should definitely help