HELP NEEDED: complete electric setup!

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by v0id, Jan 26, 2006.

1. satch_attack

satch_attack New Member

hey void,

looks like you are having a tough time selecting your gear...dont worry all of us have faced this problem due to the abundant options out dere (especially since you are buying abroad ))......
    anyway..this would be my gear if i had your cash ..

1)Ibanez rg370 Dx ( 350-400$) or ESP M100fm(300-350$)

both the guitars are great ...but be warned .they have a floyd rose bridge which may take a while to get used to ...and intially they will be an absolute pain in the rear ..!!!!!

2) ZOOM GFX5 or BOSS ME50
    as far as the pedal is concerned..i wont recommend buying individual pedals...atleast right now ...since you are starting your journey into the electric world ..i recommend you get a processor because i think individual pedals will be too much for you ..why i say this is not because you cant use them ,but since you really dont know right now what kind of tone you want from your guitar before you have used or heard it yourself . ,it will be a waste ..so mite as well buy a good processor with all the effects .

both the processors i have suggested sounded very good..(atleast to my ear). ..the boss sounded better than the zoom in the phazer and wah settings ..but the zoom gave better delay effects..irrespective .between these 2 pedals..dere is very little ..so you wont regret buyin any one of them ..

3) PEAVEY BLAZER15 or MARSHALL, cube 30 ( all practice amps )
    regardin the amp ..go for the marshall since you are buyin it in india..but i would recommend a peavey amp because the PEAVEYS amps sound way better than marshall or roland ...

4)
    if you ask me ..dont buy second-hand electronic products...bound to be somethin replaced inside and can/will give up durin a live concert..so dont but second electronics ..even after tharough inspection..its difficult to find the flaws of the product..

and finally ..BUY in DUBAI ..will save money becuz its tax free !

2. v0id

v0id New Member

Thanks chintan and slash_i_m for your replies.

I've decided upon the Ibanez RG 370DX and it should reach me around mid Feb. Yipee! The winter NAMM just concluded a while ago and Ibanez didn't showcase any 2006 lineup for RG 370DX(though they added a RG 370DXL; for left handed people). The summer NAMM is in July(14th-16th) and too far off.

Choosing between the processor is a little bit more complex. Zoom G7.1ut was released in December 2005 but it was showcased at this NAAM; and so it has been out in the market for a very short time(there is only one review of it at Harmony Central) Besides, it isn't available anywhere(online sites) just yet.. it'll be available at American Musical Supply from 1/20/2006 onwards. All of you have suggested for getting the Zoom over the GNX 3; though the Zoom G7.1ut lacks a drum machine(strangely enough zoom g2.1 had one!) and the recording capability that the GNX3 has. So, considering that it's a relatively new product I've decided to postpone getting it till June. Correct me if I'm wrong here.

I'll get the amp once the guitar reaches me. I've decided upon the best Marshall that comes under 10k over here in India.

Thanks for such amazing help.

3. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

the best marshall under 10k=marshall MG30dfx :grin:

4. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

V()1D!

where are u getting all teh gear from?
    The scene in India is so pathetic taht u dont get any gear here. Or whatever is available is so expensive (THANX to MODEST CUSTOMS DUTY) that only Kings n Princes can afford it.

5. UjSen

UjSen *#!EVIL*!!

EXACTLY>>>

6. v0id

v0id New Member

@alpha1, I'm trying to get the gear from the US. Hopefully!

BTW, since I'm getting an effects processor; do I still need to go in for effects on my amp? Coz if I don't need the amp with all those frills that I can go for a higher-end one?

7. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

No not required.

Your processor will suffice.