Help Mumbaikars

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by born2tab, Apr 5, 2007.

1. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

ronnieanand's coming to get you now!

2. born2tab

born2tab rhythm guitarist

^^^oops ...m dead now..RIP...+

3. LEFTY_GUITARIST

LEFTY_GUITARIST -= M®. §öU†|-|ÞäW =-

hmmm.....but a cheap guitar....like kramer or samick or somthing...and install good SD pups...thts wut im doin now:grin:

4. LEFTY_GUITARIST

LEFTY_GUITARIST -= M®. §öU†|-|ÞäW =-

or u can get a good one shipped from music 123...

5. raj.hendrix

raj.hendrix New Member

You can also try Erisa in Pondicherry.
    He's made 2 out of the 3 guitars which Bruce Lee Mani from Thermal and a Quarter uses. You may have to upgrade the pickups.
    His number is : 09443263087

6. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

Erisa is supposed to be realllllly good! High end guitars though. And bobby makes pretty good stuff...just need to sit on his back...

7. thehundredthone

20k minimum

8. Double Click

Double Click New Member

Bobby's guitars aren't so good... Below average at best.

9. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

whatever you say man....whatever you say..

10. raj.hendrix

raj.hendrix New Member

^^I've heard the same about Bobby. Erisa's guitars are between 15 and 20k

11. thehundredthone

For anyone interested.

12. Double Click

Double Click New Member

Just wondering, have u played one of his guitars? Even that natural finished one with the Floyd that he keeps for himself (told me its the best he's ever built) is downright avaerage....

Incidentally, he loved the neck on my Tulsi, he even set it up for free :beer:

13. Double Click

Double Click New Member

Does anyone in b'lore own an Erisa guitar? (other than Bruce)

Would love to try one out :)

14. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

keep wondering...cus ive played more than just one of his guitars....

15. thehundredthone

Right so the feel of a guitar is subjective.

I've played none of his guitars. I've played one of his necks. I played knick knack on his toe so STFU now. :grin:

16. tallkien

tallkien DIY GURU

So what did you think of them???

I have an Ibanez Proline that needs a new (and wider) neck. I was thinking about Warmoth but Erisa might be a better option, so really... Is he good?

17. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

Erisa is much better as people say...but i like bobbys necks...they are really comfortable to me....i guess people have diff taste

18. Double Click

Double Click New Member

DO NOT BUY A BOBBY guitar without trying it out. Almost everyone I know off who owns/owned one of those dint like it once they tied out other guitars.

If u like wider necks, try out the newer Tulsi's.... They're pretty decent. However some ppl may not like the wider necks.

19. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

Microcube clip posted in the clip section...check it DC

20. tallkien

tallkien DIY GURU

Guys, I don't need a whole guitar, just a neck.

I bought this lemon of a proline that has an awesome sounding piece of wood( golden age of Ibanez) but some a**hole went and first snapped the neck, i'm guessing with some abusive truss rod torquing and then did the shabbiest job of putting it back. John pereira is trying to fix the neck but I'm not too hopeful so I'm thinking I might as well go with a new neck and get it made to spec

The proline is also HSS and I have HSH pups for that gat. So I need to cut the pickguard. This guitar also has some funky alternate switching that allows you to use any combination of pickups which IMO is utter nonsense(at least I don't need it). This messes up the layout of the controls so I was planning to throw all that out anyway. Which would have left ugly holes all over the pickguard, but since you mentioned Erisa I'm thinking of getting a new neck and pickguard so I can layout the controls just the way I want, and besides, I really like these compound radius necks. They're super comfortable. And I need a regular neck, not superwide. The proline neck is VERY narrow and skinny. Switching from my Washburn to the Proline takes a few minutes to adjust

Another reason for a new pickguard would be, my pups are slightly smaller than normal humbuckers and that will leave a gap on one side unless I use the mounting rings which I don't want to do.

Laney, sound clips are not going to help me decide on a neck. What I want in a neck is comfort an playability but since I'm going to be in Bangalore soon and planning to go to Pondi anyways I might as well meet both Bobby and Erisa so if you could please post Bobby's number too that'll be swell

thanks