Help me wid Airtel Broadband?!!

Discussion in 'Computer Forum' started by vini, Sep 28, 2005.

1. vini

vini Repeat Offender

Hi...i didnt want it somehow but my bro did get this new internet service called airtel broadband along with a fixed airtel landline...so if any1 else is also using this..maybe u could help me

actually in our plan the charges of internet are based on traffic..which is like the user is charged based on data traffic (uploaded and downloaded data) in bytes like:-
    1mb= 1000kb=Rs. 1.40/-

ah..now this is where it gets confusing..i've always used hour based packages..has ne1 got an idea how this works,,when will i be charged for what and how much..i heard my bro saying..no charges for surfin but downloading does cost..like if i download a 5mb song that would cost me 10 bucks..

what the hell is this all about..can ne1 tell meeeee? :mad:

ps-dont suggest me 2 ask my bro..coz i cant. some personal problem :shock:

help? :help: :help:

2. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

hahahahaa..cancel ur connection , this charging per dload is crap...u cant even surf for free cuz wehile ur surfing u are actually dloading pages to ur comp(in a sense) ...so change ur plan and get Home 128
    thts the one i got..dload about 9 GBs every month but stiull pay a modest fee of 1500

3. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Hey change your scheme asap..there are a lot of unlimited schemes around..Airtel offers unlimited 128Kbps at 699/- and unlimited 256Kbps at 999/-..call them and get it changed

4. shomen_moitra

shomen_moitra New Member

hey
    i agree itz a bit confusing to start off wit. however the way it works is quite simple actually.
    while using internet data is transmitted both ways to and fro. just double click on the connected icon and a dialouge box appears telling you the amount of data sent and recieved. the reason y companies are following this pricing startegy is because unlike a dial up, when using broad band u get a dedicated line the cost of which is high.

however without wasting too much time on nitty gritty i would say use your current scheme for some time say about a month doing your average surfing and download however don't be aggressive thinking it's free and after your first bill is generated you would have an idea as to how much does it actually costs you.

after that you would be in a better position to decide whether to migrate to an unlimited plan.

note: i must add if there is no financial constraint and the cost of an unlimited plan does not sound too high then switch over ASAP as it saves you from a lot of worries and den you can truly enjoy broad band services to their max potential.

i hope this helps

5. jekyll

jekyll Banned

whenever u acces a website , u download the page ...

so taht counts as a proper download ... and ofcourse u will be chanrged for it

6. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

I use Airtel Broadband too. I pay Rs.600 per month for unlimited usage per month. Unfortunately we hardly use about 1/2 hour of internet everymonth. But I have used it a lot at some point of time. The speed is okay and I found it to be the cheapest.
    I dont have clue about your tarriff. If you are regular user, switch to my kind of tarrif.