HELP ME: Ibanez Strings

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by sDEVs, Feb 18, 2010.

1. sDEVs

sDEVs Inventor

Hi friends,
    I own a Ibanez GRG 270, two of my strings have been broken, I need to replace them. I have purchased a D Addario elec guitar String set. But, the coloured knobs at the distal end dont fit into my bridge. Is it that I have to cut them to fit inside, as when I explored the original string that was it had no such knobs put by the company. I am changing it's company strings for the first time, plz help :help::help:

thanks

2. lazy_headbanger

lazy_headbanger New Member

dude, i just checked and found out that the ibanez has a ILT1 bridge, not sure how it works but as far as I understand your issue you can set the string by the other end similar to a Floyd Rose system not by the knob end.
    Also, I recommend not to start inserting the new strings from 1-6 as it might develop some issue with the guitar intonation,
    if you are not sure how to do it, take it to a shop or maybe check out some tutorial vids from youtube. It seems the bridge is kinda similar
    to a floyd Rose to can try it out.

Hope it helps. cheers mate!

3. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

Clip off the end ball.

4. sDEVs

sDEVs Inventor

Is it ok?

Hi Ambush, thanks. I 2 ws thnkng 2 cut off d knobs, but ws afraid, is it ok if I cut d knobs n put in d string? Wont it cum out on stage? Is this wt d company does or are there any special strings 4 grg guitars?

5. sDEVs

sDEVs Inventor

Oh I have clipped of the ends, they fit quiet good, but I m afraid they wont come out...