help me get a new acoustic

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by mammon, May 13, 2007.

1. mammon

mammon New Member

m planning to get an acoustic gutiar budget is upto 20k and a lil more or less.......i ve planned an applause by ovation.......but in dilemna to get it or a yamaha f340

2. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

Are you sure you want to buy an acoustic for 20k though? Dont you like electrics? If not, ovations are nice...expensive...nice

3. angel_of_sin

angel_of_sin bassist.....

acoustic for 20 k................ma toungue is slipping out..........hmmmmm nice and expensive choice..............gud quality.........da best acoustic i hve ever played................
    PS none of ma frnds own it...........played it in da guitarshop..............

4. fatbax

fatbax New Member

Ovation Applause, Acoustic Guitar, Celebrity, MD Bowl, Cut-Away
    with Pickup (Available in: Black Cherry Burst) ..............................22,805.00

Yamaha, Acoustic Guitar FG720S /Natural .........................................21,160.00

Yamaha, Acoustic-Electric Guitar APX-5A /Natural .............................31,525.00(a bit higher)

5. saurabhrocks

saurabhrocks New Member

i don't recommend ovation, it is said that it's sound is not natural due to synthetic body,why dont u give a try to other brands,taylor seagull maybe martin (although i don't think u can get one in 20k).

see the more famous the brand the more expensive the entry level guitars

u could try yamah but ultimately its the sound u hear,if aguitar costs $1000 and sounds crammy it's not worth it, i've played givsons which sound better than guitars costing around rs10,000

trust ur ears man,buy what u like and play whatever guitar u can play in the shop (trying dosen't cost) and a guitar of 20k is no mean thing. take ur time and trust urself..

6. baadshah

baadshah New Member

You pay for the craftsmanship and the warranty. Spend a little more and it'll do you better in the long run, especially if you're planning on keeping this guitar for a while.

I would never buy a guitar that's made from the same people who make motorbikes and lawn mowers, like Yamahas, but thats my own bias. Yamahas are pretty pricey...you can get a much better guitar for the amount of money you'd be putting into that one.

Try Takamines (if you can get your hands on one). They sound great for a beginner guitar, and sound even better plugged in. The only thing i don't quite like about them is the narrowness of the fretboard, but thats personal preference.

Seagulls are Canadian crafted and made, beautiful low to mid range guitars. They sound great and look good too.

Low end Martins and Taylors are pretty good too, although they have more of a sharp sound to them which I personally don't like.

Fenders have a nice punchy sound. Guild (again, if you can get your hands on) are also nice guitars but really pricey.

Get a good brand, you're paying for craftsmanship and good materials. Its worth it in the long run. I dont know about Givson, is it a typo or something? The REAL Givson AKA Gibson not only makes musical instruments but pieces of art.

7. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

here in india we have a little brother of GIBSON.. givson.. made in india .. costs 30-70$ a piece.. sounds like absolute crap..
    on the topic..
    by the ovation.. i personally find it amazing.... it has great sound and is very good when pluged in.. u wont regret it..